Hide Whispers

SESSION 1 - Weiner Take All


          Jessica (GM): We will begin with Elijah.
Elijah, this is really not the night you had planned.
May 27, 2016 7:50PMElijah Craig: Ugh. Already going well
May 27, 2016 7:50PMJessica (GM): (you guys are not cabal'd up yet, bwt)
You are standing in some dismal part of Chicago you'd normally not be caught dead in
In front of the doors of a restaurant that is definitely the address you were given by your handler for tonight.
Talk to the lady at the counter, tell her you're here for the convention, and she'll lead you to an elevator down to the meeting place for your work this evening.
She did not mention that the restaturant was some dismal, brightlty lit family hot dog restaurant
called, of all things
May 27, 2016 7:51PMJessica (GM): "Weiner Take All"
May 27, 2016 7:51PMElijah Craig: "Oh, Jesus."
May 27, 2016 7:52PMSnow: groooan
May 27, 2016 7:52PMElijah Craig: Elijah hates nothing more than puns. But I guess I'm the first one here, so I head in and to the lady at the counter.
May 27, 2016 7:52PMJessica (GM): She smiles up at you as you approach.
"Hey, hon! Just one tonight?"
May 27, 2016 7:53PMElijah Craig: "Uh, hi. I'm here for the... convention. At this... fine... diner."
May 27, 2016 7:53PMJessica (GM): "...Oh, right. Want a dog before you head down?"
May 27, 2016 7:54PMElijah Craig: "... Yes."
May 27, 2016 7:54PMJessica (GM): She walks you through the menu, which is overextensive for the fare, to be frank.
And then points you back to an employees only door in the back.
May 27, 2016 7:54PMFlare: ((grooooaaan))
May 27, 2016 7:54PMJessica (GM): "Service elevator past it, just take it down to the basement."
Elijah Craig got overwhelmed halfway through by the many and demanded to get the most basic one.
May 27, 2016 7:55PMElijah Craig: I go, miffed at whoever arranged this.
May 27, 2016 7:56PMJessica (GM): Flare.
May 27, 2016 7:56PMElijah Craig: *halways through the menu, oops
May 27, 2016 7:56PMJessica (GM): How the hell long does it take an elevator o come up?
You're standing in a broom closet of all things.
Where you have been for the last nearly six minutes.
Waiting for an elevator that still hasn't come.
The door opens behind you.
Describe yourselves to one anotther.
May 27, 2016 7:57PMJessica (GM): and RP a moment while I find food
May 27, 2016 7:58PMFlare: Flare is a little on the short side, but quite striking, and not only because of the cascade of rainbow died hair. She jumps a bit as the door opens, clearly startled, looking up wide-eyed.
May 27, 2016 7:59PMElijah Craig: Guy in his late 20s, average height, average weight, pretty unremarkable in most ways really. Very unkempt, somewhat greasy hair that could use a cut. Very unsettling eyes, though, ones you wouldn't want to hold eye contact with for long. He's just taking a bite from a hot dog.
"Oh ah... going to the... hot dog convention?"
Elijah Craig blinks a few times, possibly aware of the absurdity of the situation.
Flare bites back on a snarky little giggle, her face relaxing and brightening a bit.
May 27, 2016 8:01PMFlare: "Uhm... apparently. Hopefully. If the elevator ever shows up like the lady said."
May 27, 2016 8:01PMSnow: Snow turns around looking pretty unimpressed. Redhead wearing a drab grey zip-up hoodie.
May 27, 2016 8:01PMJessica (GM): You can hear electric thrumming from inside the shaft. It's definitely MOVING, anyway.
Snow will also show, thten.
Kim. You swear, you keep hitting the down button in this elevator.
But it keeps trying to go up.
You've tried everything.
May 27, 2016 8:02PMKim Carter: Kim Carter is standing off to the side, looking around warily. She's 20-some, mixed, standing a good 5'9. Long and lean, and dressed in a Bulls jersey, a Bulls baseball hat cocked to the side, and jeans. She looks sort of annoyed.
"Pretty sure it's broke."
May 27, 2016 8:03PMJessica (GM): Four convention attendees.
Standing in a broom closet by an elevator door.
Kim Carter hits the down button again, only to watch the 'up' button light up again.
Elijah Craig looks at all the women, backing up against a wall.
May 27, 2016 8:05PMFlare: "You know, if anyone not going to this "convention" opens the door, they're gonna get the totally wrong impression about you..." she says, winking at the sole guy in the overcrowded closet.
Kim Carter that brings a smirk to Kim's lip, as she look over to Elijah, eyeing him.
May 27, 2016 8:06PMSnow: "Pranks are always fun."
May 27, 2016 8:06PMJessica (GM): This thing's just not coming. That's all there is to it.
May 27, 2016 8:06PMElijah Craig: "I thought this was starting to look a lot like one."
May 27, 2016 8:07PMJessica (GM): The elevator has to be broken.
Who would put an elevator in here anyway.
May 27, 2016 8:07PMKim Carter: "Aight, so... anyone sees stairs?"
May 27, 2016 8:07PMElijah Craig: "This is ridiculous. There have to be stairs."
May 27, 2016 8:07PMJessica (GM): There are no stairs in the cramped confines of the closet.
May 27, 2016 8:08PMElijah Craig: "Why is there an elevator in the broom closer anyway? What is this?"
*closet
May 27, 2016 8:08PMFlare: (brb)
May 27, 2016 8:08PMJessica (GM): (Continue, by all means)
May 27, 2016 8:09PMKim Carter: "So that someone can laugh at four idiots standing in a broom closet. C'mon, go!"
Kim Carter starts shooing out whoever is between her and the exit of the closet.
Elijah Craig exits and finishes up with his hot dog.
May 27, 2016 8:09PMJessica (GM): The door out of the closet refuses to open.
That is probably because it is not a door.
It is definitely a blank wall.
It LOOKED like a door.
May 27, 2016 8:09PMElijah Craig: "Oh god damn it."
May 27, 2016 8:09PMJessica (GM): But now that you're looking at it...
Yeah, that's a wall.
How'd you get in here, anyway? Huh.
May 27, 2016 8:10PMKim Carter: "Man, I said open the damn door!"
May 27, 2016 8:10PMElijah Craig: "There's no door."
Elijah Craig says in a voice that suggests he's close to freaking out.
May 27, 2016 8:10PMKim Carter: "Some kinda matrix shit? what do you mean there... Oh, shit."
May 27, 2016 8:11PMJessica (GM): Kinda weird you thought there was one there to begin with, now that you're looking at it right.
Might I recommend mage sight?
This is definitely not normal.
May 27, 2016 8:11PMElijah Craig: Is that something we all have?
May 27, 2016 8:11PMJessica (GM): in various flavors
it's a one dot cantrip in most any arcana
May 27, 2016 8:12PMSnow: no
May 27, 2016 8:12PMJessica (GM): Well, no, that is something they changed
Yes
May 27, 2016 8:12PMSnow: its always on in some form
May 27, 2016 8:12PMJessica (GM): Your Active mage sight is based on your two ruling arcana, that said
May 27, 2016 8:13PMElijah Craig: Force and Prime here.
May 27, 2016 8:13PMJessica (GM): you can pretty well turn either on as a reflexive action
that goes for all four of you
May 27, 2016 8:13PMElijah Craig: I guess this is what they mean by opening your third eye.
Prime, to see what's going on here
May 27, 2016 8:14PMKim Carter: I will turn Mind and Space and Time and stare at that door/wall!
May 27, 2016 8:14PMJessica (GM): Give me a gnosis + arcana, Elijah
Kim, too
May 27, 2016 8:14PMElijah Craig:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
8
+
4
+
7
+
6
)
}
=
2 Successes
May 27, 2016 8:14PMSnow: I will just... keep calm, they'll figure it out.
May 27, 2016 8:15PMKim Carter: (I don't even see how to roll... rawr)
May 27, 2016 8:15PMJessica (GM): (go to settings, turn on macro bar, turn on "show in bar" for the Roll Macro there)
(there's also a macro command but I forget it
May 27, 2016 8:15PMKim Carter:
rolling 1d10
(
4
)
=
4
( argh, sorry... )
May 27, 2016 8:16PMJessica (GM): No prob
May 27, 2016 8:16PMElijah Craig: 'Roll' should show up as a little button below the row showing the players
May 27, 2016 8:17PMJessica (GM): "Turn on Macro Quick Bar" directly above it a macro should show up, hitt "Show in Bar" and then i should show up as the aforementioned button
May 27, 2016 8:17PMKim Carter: ( Just a second I think I need to reload)
May 27, 2016 8:18PMSam C.:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
9
+
6
+
9
+
9
)
}
=
3 Successes
May 27, 2016 8:19PMJessica (GM): There we go.
May 27, 2016 8:19PMKim Carter: ( Sorry. and now AFK a minute... daughter bed time. So sorry Jess!)
May 27, 2016 8:19PMJessica (GM): Elijah: you're not sure exactly what kind of magic is in play here, but its signature is all over the room, including the fake door.
Like luminescent ashes, scattered.
(No trouble, I'm in no hurry)
May 27, 2016 8:19PMElijah Craig: What of the elevator? Is that real?
May 27, 2016 8:20PMJessica (GM): No, it's a pool of light, enchantment.
May 27, 2016 8:20PMElijah Craig: Can I try to dispel that?
May 27, 2016 8:21PMFlare: ((back, sorry... took the pups outside before the rain hits XD ))
May 27, 2016 8:22PMJessica (GM): Yes you may.
Snow glances around the room
May 27, 2016 8:23PMElijah Craig: How's that work? I have Dispel Magic (1 dot Prime) as a rote spell.
May 27, 2016 8:23PMKim Carter: (Back.)
May 27, 2016 8:23PMJessica (GM): gnosis + prime, + any bonuses from tools you incorporate
oh
+ your attached skill on ttthe rote
May 27, 2016 8:24PMKim Carter: Anything in my sight?
May 27, 2016 8:25PMJessica (GM): Kim-- which arcana did you roll with
May 27, 2016 8:25PMElijah Craig: I'd use Investigation for that. I guess I'll cast without tools because 1) haven't looked up rules for that, 2) haven't defined my tools, 3) Elijah can't be completely sure all four of us are mages at this point.
Flare gives a nice solid kick (for a pretty short, pretty slim girl) on the wall where the door latch 'should' be
May 27, 2016 8:25PMKim Carter: Space, time, mind.
May 27, 2016 8:25PMJessica (GM): Ow, Flare.
You gotta pick one for this, but I will say Space as you listed it first!
May 27, 2016 8:26PMKim Carter: Sure!
Sorry, thought mage sight could turn on multiple at once.
May 27, 2016 8:26PMJessica (GM): Kim, you're pretty sure the elevator cannot physically reach the top right now.
May 27, 2016 8:26PMElijah Craig:
rolling {7d10!>10}>8
{
(
3
+
4
+
9
+
6
+
9
+
6
+
8
)
}
=
3 Successes
May 27, 2016 8:26PMJessica (GM): You think the car is caught in some kind of infinite loop.
Going up forever.
And then it fades.
And the door dings open.
May 27, 2016 8:27PMKim Carter: "The fuck?"
May 27, 2016 8:27PMJessica (GM): YOu all notice Elijah's nimbus flare.
What's that look like, Elijah?
May 27, 2016 8:27PMElijah Craig: Uh... this is something I should've figured out before. Hah
Looks faintly... angelic?
Weird
May 27, 2016 8:29PMKim Carter: "Guess that answers that... y'all wanna actually get in this thing?"
Flare blinks owlishly, looking from Elijah to the now-open door. "Oh. Magic. Right." She gives a faint little half-laugh.
Snow strolls out
May 27, 2016 8:30PMSnow: hands in her pockets
Kim Carter looks up and down at the open elevator... past it... through it? As if she's envisioning where it might lead to, going back up and down.
May 27, 2016 8:30PMElijah Craig: I guess just by the virtue of magic even working I can work out that all of us are at least to some degree aware of the supernatural, eh/
May 27, 2016 8:31PMJessica (GM): yeah.
May 27, 2016 8:31PMElijah Craig: "I guess this means we're all colleagues, then. Hi, I'm Elijah."
May 27, 2016 8:31PMFlare: "So... let's find out how deep the rabbit hole goes!" She grins and practically bounces into the elevator, with no apparent sense of self-preservation or caution whatsoever.
"Flare." She beams a smile at him, then nods to include the other two as well.
May 27, 2016 8:32PMElijah Craig: "Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty tired of being tested all the time."
Elijah Craig follows Kim into the elevator, and beyond?!
May 27, 2016 8:33PMKim Carter: "Kim... Or, uh, Finn, I guess... whatever... Guess let's fuckin' go then."
May 27, 2016 8:33PMJessica (GM): Once you're all inside, the doors shut and the thing trundles downward.
May 27, 2016 8:33PMElijah Craig: "Huh. They actually bothered to make this functional."
May 27, 2016 8:34PMSnow: "Oh, uh, Snow."
May 27, 2016 8:34PMKim Carter: "It's just an elevator, best I can tell... Elijah, Snow, Flare? Lemme just say you all seem very nice, but I'm praying we don't get stuck in here forever."
Elijah Craig doesn't know how to do smalltalk, which becomes evident really quickly.
May 27, 2016 8:35PMFlare: "Hah. That would get uncomfortable in a hurry."
May 27, 2016 8:35PMJessica (GM): http://www.hackavenue.com/wfa/Soundtrack/Elysium%20(All%20Mine).mp3 music suggestion.
Hey, Claire.
May 27, 2016 8:36PMElijah Craig: I'd be the first one accused of farting, of course.
May 27, 2016 8:36PMKim Carter: "At least you all smell alright. Appreciated."
May 27, 2016 8:36PMClaire Newcombe: (Ready)
Kim Carter seems to be on the other end of the spectrum. She's all small talk, especially when there's an uncomfortable situation.
May 27, 2016 8:36PMJessica (GM): You're led along by a small round-faced goblin down the hedge path, Claire.
The Court has need! It insisted. It swore on it.
Why the Queen didn't come to you herself is beyond you.
Claire Newcombe walks with head held high, trying not to give away the apprehension this place causes in her.
May 27, 2016 8:38PMJessica (GM): The goblin is certainly heedless as it bounds along, bells jingling on its overstuffed hat.
It grins with razor-sharp teeth, though, looking frequently back at you.
If it hadn't swore, you'd swear this little thing had it in for you.
It probably does anyway.
Claire Newcombe bows her head politely to the creature each time he does. She won't be cowed.
May 27, 2016 8:39PMJessica (GM): "Faster, faster! Slow is a waste of long legs!"
"We should race."
Claire Newcombe is going as quickly as her fuschia stilettos will let her - which, she would add, is faster than most human women could walk in them.
May 27, 2016 8:40PMClaire Newcombe: "But if we go faster, I will have less time in which to enjoy your company sir."
May 27, 2016 8:41PMJessica (GM): "Bah."
He crosses over a fallen tree bough, enormous in scale.
And brings you face to face with a completely unfamiliar figure.
May 27, 2016 8:41PMIsrafil: "Ah." He glances up-- he appears to have been quite lost studying his surroundings.
May 27, 2016 8:42PMClaire Newcombe: "Oh! I beg your pardon."
The goblin just motions between the two of you several times, before skittering off at a dead run.
"...You must be my end of the bargain, then."
Claire Newcombe watches the creature run off, then looks back to the man with a pleasant smile.
May 27, 2016 8:43PMClaire Newcombe: "Am I?"
May 27, 2016 8:44PMIsrafil: "I signed a contract with your... Queen, is that right?"
"Titania."
"The titles get confusing."
May 27, 2016 8:44PMFlare: ((Why is my first instinct to say 'that was a stupid thing to do' hehe))
Claire Newcombe breathes in calmly and lets it out. Her smile fades but her expression remains patient.
May 27, 2016 8:45PMClaire Newcombe: "Yes, you did."
May 27, 2016 8:45PMIsrafil: "Full access to the Hedge. In exchange for full access to our Court."
"But ah, right."
He wipes off his hand on his slacks, proferring it to you.
"My name is Israfil. I am, well. A sorcerer."
Claire Newcombe leans towards him to shake firmly.
May 27, 2016 8:46PMClaire Newcombe: "Well met, Israfil. My name is Claire."
May 27, 2016 8:46PMIsrafil: "A pleasure. Have you been fully briefed?"
May 27, 2016 8:47PMClaire Newcombe: "I could use a reminder, if it's no bother."
May 27, 2016 8:47PMIsrafil: "Not at all."
"My people have been given access to study the Hedge, for... a year and a day, I believe it is?"
"And in exchange, we are to accept an ambassador to "study" our ways, such as they are.
"Also for a year and a day, I suppose."
May 27, 2016 8:48PMClaire Newcombe: "We are quite fond of that extra day."
May 27, 2016 8:49PMIsrafil: "I was curious about that myself. Ah, well. Anyway."
"I suppose you must be the ambassador."
May 27, 2016 8:50PMClaire Newcombe: "Yes. Though
I admit, I do not quite know what to expect to learn on my end."
May 27, 2016 8:50PMIsrafil: "That, to my mind, is the best way to learn anything."
Claire Newcombe considers that for a moment. Yes, those were words. And they made sense. Maybe.
May 27, 2016 8:50PMIsrafil: He begins walking towards what you recognize instictually as an exit to the hedge.
May 27, 2016 8:51PMClaire Newcombe: "You are leaving already, Israfil?"
May 27, 2016 8:51PMIsrafil: "Oh, I'll be bringing a group back later."
"I wanted to introduce you to the cabal who you'll be staying with."
"No better way to uphold the bargain."
Claire Newcombe 's eyes shift towards the Hedge.
May 27, 2016 8:53PMClaire Newcombe: "I...look forward to it."
May 27, 2016 8:53PMJessica (GM): The elevator doors finally open up for the rest of you, around the same time that Claire and Israfil step out--
It is a large, well appointed room. They appear to be throwing something of a party.
Some unfamiliar faces and some familiar ones, on both sides of he fence for you.
You recognize your Queen, Claire, and some other members of your Court.
For the mages, you'll certainly recognize the HIERARCH, though you've never seen him from so close
and some of these mages you've seen at other gatherings.
May 27, 2016 8:54PMJessica (GM): Probably 40, 50 people down here.
It's a ballroom, totally underground.
May 27, 2016 8:55PMKim Carter: "Oh fuck..." she whispers to herself, then quickly closes her mouth.
Claire Newcombe seems to brighten with relief as things start to look much more familiar.
May 27, 2016 8:55PMJessica (GM): The Hierarch disconcertingly smiles as the four of you disembark.
Right at you.
You think he is heading your way.
Flare is, for once, quite silent, her eyes getting wider and wider as she takes in the crowd. She very much looks like she would like to hide, though that would prove quite a challenge for someone very obviously self-designed to stand out.
May 27, 2016 8:56PMElijah Craig: Mutter quietly, just for the other three in the elevator to hear: "Damn it, they mentioned nothing of a dress code!"
Kim Carter shoots a look at Elijah. At least HE wasn't in a Bulls jersey! ... Well, at least Kim's in a Bulls jersey.
May 27, 2016 8:57PMFlare: "Of all the things to be concerned about, you're worried about the dress code?" she hisses at him through her teeth.
May 27, 2016 8:57PMKim Carter: (Is Hierarch the appropriate term to address him by?)
May 27, 2016 8:58PMIsrafil: (Yeah)
May 27, 2016 8:58PMElijah Craig: Elijah's actually wearing business casual, so he's fine
May 27, 2016 8:58PMIsrafil: "You all made i!"
"Excellent."
May 27, 2016 8:58PMKim Carter: "Good evening, Hierarch... uh... sir."
May 27, 2016 8:59PMIsrafil: "I believe you're all going to be very pleased, we're going to solve multiple problems here tonight."
Flare looks completely dumbfounded, then manages a painfully awkward motion that one supposes might have been intended as a... curtsey? Maybe?
Elijah Craig files out of the elevator behind the others, uncomfortable in the spotlight.
May 27, 2016 9:00PMIsrafil: "Your orders tell me that you four are all relatively new arrivals. Still no cabal, mmh?"
May 27, 2016 9:01PMKim Carter: "I'm sorry, uh... Sir. I-We.. didn't- ... That's right, sir." And as Kim speaks, she's glancing past Israfil, looking at the others, sort of like she's planning her escape route.
May 27, 2016 9:01PMFlare: "Yessir..?" She glances at the others, uncertain.
Claire Newcombe is at Israfil's elbow - an immaculate young woman in a strapless black jumpsuit and fuschia cage stilettos with a black designer clutch tucked under her left arm.
May 27, 2016 9:01PMElijah Craig: "I guess my order doesn't trust me with other people so much."
May 27, 2016 9:02PMIsrafil: "Well!" He smiles broadly, clapping his hands together. "Look to your left, look to your right. You have found your cabalmates."
"Congratulations."
Snow is already at the drinks table, ignoring Israfil
May 27, 2016 9:02PMIsrafil: He glances back at Snow. "Her, too."
Flare blinks, like she's waiting for the punchline.
May 27, 2016 9:02PMIsrafil: "You can fill her in later."
May 27, 2016 9:02PMElijah Craig: "And we've already been introduced!"
"Fun, that little elevator puzzle. Hah."
Kim Carter opens her mouth, closes her mouth, then looks back over at Flare, and Elijah. Finally off towards Snow.
May 27, 2016 9:03PMIsrafil: "Ahh, you see right through me."
"well."
"Miss.. oh... what's her name....?"
He waves towards Snow
"Miss!"
"Briefing over here!'
Elijah Craig looks at Claire with unbidden curiosity, before reminding himself that that's rude and focusing on the Hierarch.
May 27, 2016 9:04PMKim Carter: "Snow Bunny, think she said..." Kim mummbles.
May 27, 2016 9:04PMIsrafil: "Important mission for you all!"
Snow turns around with a cup of whatever alcohol is available
Claire Newcombe tilts her head slightly to the right but just smiles and waits patiently.
May 27, 2016 9:04PMSnow: "hm?"
May 27, 2016 9:05PMIsrafil: "Let me introduce Claire."
"She is, well."
"A fairy? I'm sorry, I'm still getting all the terminology."
May 27, 2016 9:05PMKim Carter: (Is there a member of the Mysterium here? Like, a high up one.)
Claire Newcombe seems a bit taken aback by the term.
May 27, 2016 9:05PMKim Carter: "Shit, man, it's 2016 you can't say that no more..."
Elijah Craig regards Claire with... bidden (?) curiosity this time.
May 27, 2016 9:05PMIsrafil: (Yeah, Kim, at least one)
May 27, 2016 9:05PMClaire Newcombe: "Changeling, actually. The Fae are...something else."
May 27, 2016 9:06PMIsrafil: "Ah, right. Changeling."
May 27, 2016 9:06PMElijah Craig: (hahah)
May 27, 2016 9:06PMSnow: "oh, yeah. They're, uh. bad news."
May 27, 2016 9:06PMIsrafil: "She, like our other esteemed guests here."
"Are Something Else, much like ourselves."
"You are hereby tasked with her safety and care, and showing her the ways of the Celestial Court of Chicago."
"Think of her like a... foreign exchange student."
Flare just barely manages to keep her mouth from falling open, looking Claire over now with intense curiosity, verging on a bit rude honestly.
Claire Newcombe laughs at that, causing her glossy curls to fall down into her eyes. She brushes them back carelessly with a perfectly manicured hand.
May 27, 2016 9:08PMSnow: "Hahaha."
"I think I saw that episode."
May 27, 2016 9:09PMClaire Newcombe: "Well met, everyone. I look forward to getting to know you."
May 27, 2016 9:09PMIsrafil: "Well, I'll let you all familiarize yourselves, work out the cabal name and ranks and all that."
"Ah, I almost envy you."
"I remember my first cabal."
He pats Elijah on the shoulder, passing.
"I need to pay some attention to our other guests, though."
"Good luck!"
May 27, 2016 9:10PMFlare: ....
May 27, 2016 9:10PMJessica (GM): aaaand he's off.
Elijah Craig looks thoroughly overwhelmed by all this, though not entirely displeased.
May 27, 2016 9:10PMFlare: Her mouth works silently, as if trying to find something to say but nothing is quite winning out amidst the jumble.
May 27, 2016 9:10PMJessica (GM): Kim, to answer your earlier question:
Kim Carter joins in on the staring at Claire, looking positively... well. A lot of things! All at once. Right up until the Hierarch announces his departure. Then she's blinking and looking that way.
May 27, 2016 9:11PMSnow: "I get to name us."
May 27, 2016 9:11PMJessica (GM): Holy hell, Ogun himself is here
You had no idea he was back in town.
Elijah Craig smiles at Claire in particular, nervously, averting his eyes before long.
May 27, 2016 9:11PMJessica (GM): He was off in Sri Lanka last you heard.
May 27, 2016 9:11PMSnow: "I called it."
May 27, 2016 9:12PMElijah Craig: "Nothing punny, or I swear..."
May 27, 2016 9:12PMKim Carter: "Hey, uh... don't pick anything stupid... I'll be right back..." she says, then heads away from her new cabal. Right over towards Ogun.
May 27, 2016 9:12PMClaire Newcombe: "So. Israfil says we'll be living together. But it seems you...might know as much about the situation as I do."
May 27, 2016 9:13PMSnow: puts on airs "Chicago Consilium Kids Club should suffice."
May 27, 2016 9:13PMFlare: "Yeah, uh. You may actually know more at this point."
May 27, 2016 9:13PMJessica (GM): Ogun's sitting alone at a low table, drinking a scotch.
May 27, 2016 9:13PMClaire Newcombe: "At least -you- know -my- name."
May 27, 2016 9:13PMKim Carter: "Excuse me... Mister Ogun...?"
Claire Newcombe grins and offers her hand to Flare to shake.
May 27, 2016 9:13PMOgun: He glances up at you, looking tired.
May 27, 2016 9:13PMKim Carter: ( Idle question. Do mages always use or regularly use shadow names? Or is that a personal sort of thing?)
May 27, 2016 9:14PMOgun: "Oh, you're... what was that shadow name? We met on your Awakening day."
Elijah Craig goes wide-eyed, swallows, tries to act cool.
May 27, 2016 9:14PMSnow: (always use shadow names)
May 27, 2016 9:14PMOgun: (True names hold sympathetic connections)
May 27, 2016 9:14PMElijah Craig: Rolling Composure + Socialize
May 27, 2016 9:14PMOgun: (They're dangerous to let out)
May 27, 2016 9:14PMFlare: "Oh, right... I'm Flare." She manages something approximating a smile. It's clearly meant to be welcoming, anyway, despite her stunned state.
May 27, 2016 9:14PMElijah Craig:
rolling {2d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
6
)
}
=
1 Successes
Oh wow
May 27, 2016 9:14PMKim Carter: (True being, your birth name, so you use your shadow name instead?)
May 27, 2016 9:14PMElijah Craig: "Elijah. Elijah Craig, pleased to meet you, Miss."
May 27, 2016 9:14PMOgun: (Correct)
May 27, 2016 9:15PMFlare: ...and shakes the offered hand. (sorry, missed that!)
May 27, 2016 9:15PMClaire Newcombe: "Flare! That really suits you. I love your hair."
Claire Newcombe shakes Flare's hand, then offers to Elijah for the same.
May 27, 2016 9:15PMClaire Newcombe: "And Elijah."
May 27, 2016 9:15PMSnow: "Call me Snow."
May 27, 2016 9:15PMKim Carter: (Oookay. My bad. Kim would not have introduced herself as Kim! Just Fin. And I might need to change that here... Can you change that, Jess?)
Elijah Craig shakes her hand. It's quite noticeable he's been sweating.
May 27, 2016 9:15PMOgun: (Yeah)
May 27, 2016 9:16PMFlare: That brightens her smile considerably, and she mumbles a "thanks..:\"
Claire Newcombe offers her hand to Snow next. Each time she addresses the person, she leans forward and meets their eyes with genuine interest.
May 27, 2016 9:16PMOgun: "Ah. You must be one of the "trouble cases" the Hierarch is sticking these people with."
May 27, 2016 9:16PMFin: "Yes... Fin. Finese. Welcome back to Chicago."
May 27, 2016 9:16PMOgun: "Good to see you again, Finese."
May 27, 2016 9:16PMFin: "... Trouble cases, sir?"
May 27, 2016 9:16PMOgun: He takes a sip of his scotch.
May 27, 2016 9:17PMClaire Newcombe: "And Snow. I'm pleased to meet all of you."
May 27, 2016 9:17PMOgun: "Don't play well with others, haven't already found a cabal."
"Two birds with one stone. Israfil loves solutions like that."
"Particularly if he can screw these people on a contract while he's at it."
May 27, 2016 9:18PMFin: "Well, uh, I ain't got problems with nobody, just-... uh... Oh. Shit, that's... Ok." Fin is back to mummbling, and gives a glance back to her 'cabal'.
Claire Newcombe gestures to a small area of the room off to the side where the music is playing more quietly. There are plush couches around a low table filled with drinks and snacks.
Elijah Craig feels awkward, fetches out a smartphone from his coat pocket. Of course there's no reception, so he puts it back in, shaking his head to himself.
May 27, 2016 9:18PMClaire Newcombe: "Please, make yourselves comfortable. We can wait for your fourth."
Elijah Craig moves to the couch and sits. Then realizes he's parched and gets up to get a drink.
May 27, 2016 9:19PMOgun: "I know it sucks, kid."
"Give it ten years or so."
"They'll start paying you some respect."
May 27, 2016 9:20PMFlare: "Not to be picky," she murmurs, heading to the corner Claire suggsted, "But shouldn't there be five of us? I mean, five mages, no insult to you," she nods to Claire briefly.
May 27, 2016 9:20PMFin: "Yeah. I ain't worried. Figure we do a good job baby sitting an' that'll be something, right?" Hopeful Fin is hopeful.
May 27, 2016 9:20PMOgun: "I don't know if he much cares what kind of job you do."
Claire Newcombe shrugs lightly, not seeming offended in the slightest.
May 27, 2016 9:21PMOgun: "He gave her to you four because you don't have access to anything sensitive."
"Don't get her killed and you've probably exceeded expectations."
Snow takes a sip of her drink
Snow shrugs
Fin presses her lips into a thin line, nodding a few times.
May 27, 2016 9:22PMFin: "Hey, gets worse than this, though. So we gon' do just fine. You know anything about this, uh... Changeling stuff?"
May 27, 2016 9:22PMOgun: "Not a lot. Damned foolish, if you ask me."
Elijah Craig approaches Snow, perhaps identifying another social outcast.
May 27, 2016 9:22PMElijah Craig: "So uh... What do you do, Snow?"
May 27, 2016 9:22PMOgun: "We have Mysteries enough without going around poking in someone else's."
Claire Newcombe sits down on the edge of one of the couches with her knees together and ankles crossed.
May 27, 2016 9:23PMOgun: "The Hierarch's convinced they're linked to Arcadia, though."
"And that got the Mysterium Councilor's interest."
"So here we are."
May 27, 2016 9:23PMSnow: "What don't I do?"
May 27, 2016 9:23PMFin: "Oh, yeah, that... well... Yeah. How about I find anything good I'll let you know?" She means... before she reports to the Hierarch, likely.
May 27, 2016 9:24PMOgun: "That I'd call a favor."
May 27, 2016 9:24PMElijah Craig: "If you're not stuck at a book store most of the time, you're already better off than me."
May 27, 2016 9:24PMOgun: He tips his glass your way.
"I always repay them."
May 27, 2016 9:24PMSnow: "Arrow's had me training for the past six months like whoa."
Fin grins.
May 27, 2016 9:24PMSnow: "So I haven't gotten out as much as I'd like."
May 27, 2016 9:24PMFin: "We deal, then. Yeah. So, uh... say I needed to reach you...?"
Claire Newcombe reaches forward and lifts a plate of chocolate truffles from the table. She offers the contents to Flare.
May 27, 2016 9:25PMOgun: "Oh, right, right."
He fishes in his pocket, and tosses you a small black bead.
"Throw that in some boiling water, wherever you want to meet."
Flare smiles a bit and takes one with a nod of thanks. She looks decidedly awkward, she is all too clearly used to running with a drastically different sort of crowd.
Fin catches the bead, opens her mouth to ask, then closes it, and nods.
May 27, 2016 9:26PMOgun: "I can't stand those damn smartphones anymore."
May 27, 2016 9:26PMElijah Craig: To Snow: "Arrow, huh? Guess I'd best not cross you, then."
May 27, 2016 9:26PMOgun: "Libertines were tracking me through my last one."
Claire Newcombe takes one for herself and places the tray back on the table.
May 27, 2016 9:26PMFin: "Thank you, sir... yeah they rough sometimes. Guess you don't play much candy crush..."
May 27, 2016 9:27PMOgun: He raises a brow.
May 27, 2016 9:27PMClaire Newcombe: "It seems you'll be spending the next year...and a day...researching the Hedge. Are you familiar with it at all, Flare?"
May 27, 2016 9:27PMFin: "Uh. Never mind. Thank you, sir... an' welcome back to Chi."
May 27, 2016 9:27PMOgun: "Thanks. Should be here a few days, at least."
Elijah Craig drinks his bourbon. He may have just exhausted what little he knows of small talk.
May 27, 2016 9:27PMOgun: "Good luck with your posse."
Flare looks completely blank. "Like.. uh... a bush?" She raises a brow.
Fin gives an awkward sort of dip of her head, then turns, and makes a bee-line back towards Flare and Claire. She looks just a touch rattled.
May 27, 2016 9:28PMSnow: "mmmhmmm."
Snow sips
Claire Newcombe 's eyes go wide with surprise, but she recovers quickly.
May 27, 2016 9:29PMElijah Craig: To Snow: "Guess we should be headed that way, huh?" He gestures towards Flare and Claire, with Fin converging there as well.
May 27, 2016 9:29PMClaire Newcombe: "No, not exactly. Perhaps I should wait until everyone's gathered, to get an idea of where our baseline is."
Snow heads towards the rest
May 27, 2016 9:30PMSnow: "So can you, like, fly?"
Elijah Craig joins the group as well.
Snow glances to Claire
Flare nods, a hint of pink in her cheeks, at least realizing she just missed something.
Claire Newcombe looks up to Fin as she approaches and offers her hand - the one that's not holding a slightly melty truffle.
May 27, 2016 9:30PMFin: "Uh, hey... Fin. Sorry 'bout that. Had to handle some business," she says that first part to Claire, the rest to the group that gathers. She also shakes hand just fine!
May 27, 2016 9:31PMClaire Newcombe: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Fin. Please, feel free to have a seat."
May 27, 2016 9:31PMElijah Craig: "I've been uh... working on manipulating gravity. It's not -technically speaking- flying but..."
Claire Newcombe pops the truffle into her mouth and wipes her hand on a white linen napkin.
May 27, 2016 9:32PMSnow: "I was asking-- nevermind."
Fin slips into a seat, then gives another conspiratorial look around. Really, it seems to be sort of habit. Always watching for whoever's watching you. Which is probably pointless in a room of mages.
May 27, 2016 9:32PMFin: "So, uh, Claire. You're... a Changeling. Which is a thing. And you're here to... to learn."
May 27, 2016 9:33PMClaire Newcombe: "I am, yes. And to help you learn as well, as I understand it."
Elijah Craig cuts off the rest of his sentence when he realized Snow wasn't asking him.
May 27, 2016 9:34PMFin: "Yeah. Yeah, so, uh. Best I understand it... our big job is to make sure you don't die. So, uh, guess we wanna talk about any reason you think you might be prone to dying?"
May 27, 2016 9:34PMFlare: "Wait, what?"
May 27, 2016 9:35PMSnow: "fae"
Snow sips
Claire Newcombe folds her hands on her lap and looks around at the rest of the group. For the first time, she looks rather disquieted.
May 27, 2016 9:35PMClaire Newcombe: "Do you know much about the Hedge, Fin? Or...anyone, aside from Snow?"
Fin blinks.
Elijah Craig shakes his head.
May 27, 2016 9:36PMFin: "Damn. That wasn't supposed to be, like, a complicated question. Uh, yeah, some place related to Arcadia?"
Flare shakes her head as well, unnecessarily.
May 27, 2016 9:36PMClaire Newcombe: "I beg your pardon, I mean no offense. It's just...I feel like you're being thrown into the deep end here without floaties."
Fin laughs, and shakes her head... "You got not idea."
May 27, 2016 9:37PMFlare: "Yeah, kinda getting that feeling myself."
May 27, 2016 9:37PMElijah Craig: "Well, I mean... aside from the fairytales and folk tales. Hard to figure out what parts are real, what's misinformation."
Claire Newcombe glances towards the other partygoers nervously before straightening herself.
May 27, 2016 9:37PMOgun: Everyone give me straight perception.
May 27, 2016 9:38PMSnow: uh
May 27, 2016 9:38PMFin:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
2
+
8
+
7
+
9
)
}
=
3 Successes
(Wits+comp)
May 27, 2016 9:38PMClaire Newcombe: (How do I do that?)
May 27, 2016 9:38PMJessica (GM): oh right
wits + composure
May 27, 2016 9:38PMElijah Craig:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
6
+
9
+
6
+
1
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 9:38PMSnow:
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
4
+
2
+
2
+
2
+
9
+
7
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 9:38PMClaire Newcombe:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
10
+
4
+
4
+
3
+
5
+
8
)
}
=
3 Successes
May 27, 2016 9:38PMFlare:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
7
+
1
+
8
+
8
)
}
=
2 Successes
May 27, 2016 9:39PMJessica (GM): You will ALL notice, hot damn
as Claire's speaking, you can't help but notice that the party seems to be...
Picking up the pace, rather... literally.
Everyone but yourselves is moving in rapid motion.
May 27, 2016 9:39PMElijah Craig: Like a recording being sped up?
May 27, 2016 9:39PMJessica (GM): Conversations chittering by, muffled.
Yes.
It becomes more noticeable as you watch.
Faster.
May 27, 2016 9:39PMSnow: do I sense anything with
time vision (tm)
May 27, 2016 9:40PMJessica (GM): Yes, Snow, something big is going on. The nimbus on thtis...
May 27, 2016 9:40PMFin: Yeah. I'll do some time visions, too.
May 27, 2016 9:40PMJessica (GM): You can't see who's doing the casting
But the signature is everywhere, enormous.
Like a thick fog.
May 27, 2016 9:40PMSnow: (you need to spend a mana if its not your ruling arcana)
(just fyi)
May 27, 2016 9:40PMJessica (GM): It's not on you, though--
It's on the rest of the room.
Flare can't quite stop her mouth from falling open this time, staring.
May 27, 2016 9:41PMJessica (GM): Looks like you got left out of ... whatever this is.
May 27, 2016 9:41PMFin: (Oh, derp. Nevermind then! Thanks snow.)
May 27, 2016 9:41PMElijah Craig: Any idea to figure out if we're in a bubble being slowed down, or if the rest of party is in a bubble being sped up?
Oh, I guess that answers it
May 27, 2016 9:41PMJessica (GM): Yeah, definitely the latter.
May 27, 2016 9:41PMElijah Craig: "Unnerving."
May 27, 2016 9:41PMJessica (GM): There's one other person unaffected, though he doesn't seem to have noticed--
Elijah Craig sips his bourbon.
May 27, 2016 9:41PMJessica (GM): he was doing his damndest to ignore the party.
Ogun, 'cross the room.
May 27, 2016 9:42PMSnow: "Hey! Oldguy!"
May 27, 2016 9:42PMFin: "Hey, uh, probably just... everyone wants to get out of here, right.. speed it up and get it over with..." Fin, of course, does not believe her own hopeful rhetoric.
May 27, 2016 9:42PMJessica (GM): He doesn't seem to be able to hear you.
The others, that said, appear to be doing what Fin said.
Wrapping up.
Leaving.
Snow throws her empty beer cup at him
May 27, 2016 9:42PMFin: "Hey, shit! Don't... do you know who that is?!"
May 27, 2016 9:42PMJessica (GM): It hits the bubble of sped up time and claters immediately to the ground.
The last person out switches off the lights, leaving you all in pitch, pitch black.
May 27, 2016 9:43PMFlare: "Uhm."
May 27, 2016 9:43PMFin: Alright... Mind Sight now. Is Ogun still there?
Claire Newcombe leans over in the darkness and takes a single chocolate.
May 27, 2016 9:43PMFin: And anyone else, besides us?
May 27, 2016 9:43PMJessica (GM): Yes, and he certainly noticed -that-, Fin.
You can feel his mind spiking, and--
Wait, yes.
Four others.
Coming out from the far end of the room.
Elijah Craig rubs his eyes, as if disbelieving them, seemingly very impressed with the time-warping effect.
Fin eyes start to dark around, unseen, but probably the team can hear her moving some.
May 27, 2016 9:44PMFin: "Hey, uh, something's coming..."
Flare takes out her phone and flips on the flashlight function, of course set to rotating colors
Snow takes out her phone and flips on the light as well
Claire Newcombe takes a delicate bite of the chocolate. As patient as she is, it's been a long and weird night and she just wants it to end.
May 27, 2016 9:44PMElijah Craig: "Well that'll be hard to reconcile with the many worlds-... huh?"
May 27, 2016 9:45PMJessica (GM): "Kids, down on the ground and you won't get hurt."
An unfamiliar, masculine voice.
"Here to talk with Ogun."
May 27, 2016 9:46PMFin: "We're getting down! ... Claire, get your ass down on the floor..."
May 27, 2016 9:46PMSnow: "What'd I say... kids club."
Snow starts getting down
Flare grabs Claire's arm and tries to pull her to the ground; nervous as she is, apparently she took the 'keep her alive' to heart.
Claire Newcombe puts a linen napkin down on the floor and kneels carefully, not about to get anything on her jumpsuit.
May 27, 2016 9:46PMJessica (GM): A nimbus flares briefly from Ogun's corner of the room-- large and almos draconic
It's cut short, though, by the noise of a shotgun blast.
Which sets your ears ringing in the enclosed space.
Fin is definitely getting down. In inwardly just a tiny bit happy Claire might mess up her fancy clothes.
May 27, 2016 9:47PMElijah Craig: Yeah, I'm going to go invisible at this point.
May 27, 2016 9:47PMFin: (*and inwardly)
May 27, 2016 9:47PMJessica (GM): If you're going to do anything other than cower on the ground from that invisibility cast on
I'mma need initiative
Snow reaches under her hoodie and pulls out a revolver
Claire Newcombe is jolted to the side by Flare's hold. She has to bow her head to recover from the sound.
May 27, 2016 9:48PMElijah Craig: 1d10 + initiative mod?
May 27, 2016 9:48PMSnow:
rolling 1d10+10
(
2
)
+10
=
12
May 27, 2016 9:49PMJessica (GM): yup
Flare positions herself between Claire and the rest of the room, wincing at the deafening sound, and withdrawing her own pistol
May 27, 2016 9:49PMElijah Craig:
rolling 1d10+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
May 27, 2016 9:49PMFlare:
rolling {3d10!>10}>8
{
(
5
+
1
+
5
)
}
=
0 Successes
May 27, 2016 9:49PMJessica (GM): this is the one thing in the system
that you roll /roll 1d10+mod
May 27, 2016 9:50PMFlare:
rolling 1d10+3
(
2
)
+3
=
5
May 27, 2016 9:50PMJessica (GM): three o' five
Claire Newcombe kneels (but does not cower!) on the floor behind Flare with her hands on her temples.
Fin stays on the ground, right by Claire, so taking 'keep Claire alive' duty seriously!
May 27, 2016 9:51PMFlare: ((She was just busy making sure Claire was covered, okay??? she's not really that slow on the uptake... >.> ))
May 27, 2016 9:51PMJessica (GM): Kim and Claire staying down?
May 27, 2016 9:51PMFin: Unless she doesn't!
May 27, 2016 9:51PMClaire Newcombe: (Claire is, yes)
May 27, 2016 9:51PMJessica (GM): Gotcha.
rolling 1d10+8
(
1
)
+8
=
9
rolling 1d10+5
(
6
)
+5
=
11
May 27, 2016 9:52PMFin: Obviously might reassess next round.
May 27, 2016 9:52PMJessica (GM): Elijah, go ahead.
May 27, 2016 9:52PMElijah Craig: I do cast my Invisibility, which is one of my praxes. How does this work?
May 27, 2016 9:53PMFlare: (just to be clear, Flare is also crouched down, just between Claire and... whoever)
May 27, 2016 9:53PMJessica (GM): praxes don't costt you mana
get the exceptional result on three successes instead of five, where applicable
May 27, 2016 9:54PMSnow: (Elijah's going to engage in the one true Obrimos fighting style, tackling duded while invisible in the dark?)
May 27, 2016 9:54PMJessica (GM): Other than that it's normal spellcasting
gnosis+relevant arcana
May 27, 2016 9:54PMElijah Craig: Do the skills apply?
May 27, 2016 9:54PMSnow: not to praxes
May 27, 2016 9:54PMJessica (GM): Only to rotes
May 27, 2016 9:54PMElijah Craig: Gotcha
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
1
+
7
+
7
+
3
+
3
)
}
=
0 Successes
Eek
May 27, 2016 9:55PMJessica (GM): Elijah, you cannot concentrate.
You have rarely miscast a spell so badly.
May 27, 2016 9:55PMFlare: ((Not only are you not invisible, you're SUPER visible. lol))
May 27, 2016 9:55PMElijah Craig: Just remaining behind a couch, trying to focus
May 27, 2016 9:56PMJessica (GM): yo Snow
whaddaya know
May 27, 2016 9:56PMSnow: what's the penalties for shooting at the muzzle flash of that shotgun?
May 27, 2016 9:57PMJessica (GM): Will call it a -2
Snow rolls on her side, takes aim at the report, and squeezes the trigger
May 27, 2016 9:57PMSnow:
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
1
+
4
+
1
+
10
+
1
+
5
+
7
)
}
=
1 Successes
damage is 2 and whoops I forgot there's an initiative penalty of -2 on it
May 27, 2016 9:58PMFlare: "Shit," muttered under her breath as Snow pretty much solidifies that we're joining the fight instead of trying to stay out of it.
May 27, 2016 9:59PMJessica (GM): armor rating's at 2
so you're looking at 1 die, not chance, for damage
May 27, 2016 9:59PMSnow:
rolling 1d10
(
10
)
=
10
rolling 1d10
(
3
)
=
3
May 27, 2016 9:59PMJessica (GM): You definitely clipped something-- you hear the shout.
"Idiot! This has nothing to do with you!"
May 27, 2016 10:00PMSnow: also if she used wp she's probably gain one by now
(hasty as a vice)
May 27, 2016 10:01PMJessica (GM): You feel a spectral hand come shoving at you, Snow.
Claire Newcombe wiggles her jaw to try to regain hearing.
May 27, 2016 10:01PMJessica (GM): what's your defense?
May 27, 2016 10:01PMSnow: 6
May 27, 2016 10:02PMJessica (GM):
rolling {7d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
10
+
7
+
2
+
10
+
6
+
6
+
9
+
2
)
}
=
4 Successes
armor, if any?
May 27, 2016 10:02PMSnow: this is a first session
so no
May 27, 2016 10:02PMJessica (GM): Fair.
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
4
+
9
+
4
+
5
+
4
)
}
=
2 Successes
take 2 nonlethal and--
KNOCKED DOWN tilt
as you feel yourself forcible thrown back onto the floor.
"STAY DOWN!"
May 27, 2016 10:03PMSnow: I was... on the floor already
May 27, 2016 10:03PMJessica (GM): Well
Now it's a tilt, okay
let him have this, it's dark in here
May 27, 2016 10:03PMSnow: haha
Snow is sent sprawling back
May 27, 2016 10:03PMJessica (GM): Flare
May 27, 2016 10:04PMFlare: Is there like a 'ready to defend stance' kinda thing? She's reeeaaaally hoping they can still stay out of the fight but ready if it's inevitable
May 27, 2016 10:05PMSnow: that's a dodge
May 27, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): You can choose to dodge
May 27, 2016 10:05PMFlare: 'Kay.
May 27, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): top of the round is back to Elijah, though I'll give Fin and Claire an opportunity to roll initiative too
May 27, 2016 10:06PMFin:
rolling 1d10+5
(
2
)
+5
=
7
May 27, 2016 10:07PMJessica (GM): Elijah, go ahead, Claire can roll in if she wants to
May 27, 2016 10:08PMElijah Craig: Okay, so the situation: pitch black, with some muzzle flashes and nimbus flares. Probably don't have to go invisible.
May 27, 2016 10:08PMClaire Newcombe:
rolling 1d10+5
(
6
)
+5
=
11
May 27, 2016 10:08PMJessica (GM): (Also friendly reminder-- you can spend a willpower dot to either add +3 to a roll before you roll, or to reroll a failed roll)
May 27, 2016 10:09PMSnow: claire goes before me now
May 27, 2016 10:09PMElijah Craig: Wish I'd taken that nightvision
May 27, 2016 10:09PMJessica (GM): okay
you can cast things that aren't praxes
you can castanything you have the dots for
welcome to mage
May 27, 2016 10:10PMElijah Craig: Oh, well then. Let there be light! Well, more light available to my eyes at least
May 27, 2016 10:10PMFlare: ((You can come up with some crazy-ass weird stuff and if you can justify it with your skills, it pretty much will go lol))
May 27, 2016 10:10PMJessica (GM): sounds good and reflexive, Elijah
May 27, 2016 10:10PMElijah Craig:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
6
+
7
+
7
+
4
)
}
=
0 Successes
WPing this
May 27, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): Yeah
May 27, 2016 10:11PMElijah Craig:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
3
+
9
+
1
+
9
+
5
)
}
=
2 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): Theeere we go.
May 27, 2016 10:11PMFin: Oh, I did mean to whisper that last round. That ok, Jess?
May 27, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): that's fine Fin
Room lights up to your eyes, Elijah. Three of the men are balaclavas
Fourth looks like some kind of
May 27, 2016 10:11PMFin: "Just say down," she whispers sharply to Claire. "I'll get us out of here."
May 27, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): looks like he came straight here from beneath an overpass
He's got tth shotgun.
Ogun is lying on the floor bleeding from a chest wound.
May 27, 2016 10:12PMClaire Newcombe: "What? No, stay down!"
May 27, 2016 10:12PMFin: "I'm not getting my ass up I said I'm getting us out!"
May 27, 2016 10:12PMElijah Craig: "We've got some kind of a monk with a shotgun. Fin, your friend is down."
May 27, 2016 10:13PMProditor: The man turns and looks right at you, Elijah.
Claire Newcombe points to her ears and shakes her head. Whatever Fin's saying, it's muffled by ringing.
May 27, 2016 10:13PMProditor: "...Why'd you have to go and see my face, kid?"
May 27, 2016 10:13PMElijah Craig: "Ah, shit."
May 27, 2016 10:13PMProditor: The shotgun clicks as he pumps the action.
May 27, 2016 10:13PMSnow: ffffff
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
May 27, 2016 10:13PMElijah Craig: Ducking behind the couch!
May 27, 2016 10:13PMSnow: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
May 27, 2016 10:14PMProditor: Claire, then Snow, as I believe Snow wanted to switch initiative?
Elijah Craig makes a mental note: conceal your nimbus first!
May 27, 2016 10:14PMProditor: The shouting may also have clued him in.
notes for later.
May 27, 2016 10:14PMFin: (Is there a way to hide your casting? Or is that a prime thing?)
May 27, 2016 10:14PMProditor: (That's a prime thing)
(low prime, though)
May 27, 2016 10:15PMSnow: no, my roll was at -2 and I didn't realize it.
Claire Newcombe is on the floor, not making any move to hurt anyone.
May 27, 2016 10:15PMProditor: ohhh
May 27, 2016 10:15PMSnow: so I'm 10 claire is 11
May 27, 2016 10:15PMProditor: claireturn
May 27, 2016 10:15PMElijah Craig: I guess I would've had to speak pretty loudly over the gunshots, so I won't complain
May 27, 2016 10:15PMClaire Newcombe: (my turn is no turn. hiding)
May 27, 2016 10:15PMProditor: Snow
May 27, 2016 10:16PMSnow: going to use my rote- exceptional luck
superlative luck, rather
May 27, 2016 10:16PMProditor: "Tell a man, hey, why not include those five? But no, nooo. 'Tass is at a premium, what are they going to do anyway?' God damned sloppy work."
May 27, 2016 10:16PMSnow: (turns out rotes do get the rote quality, duh)
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
10
+
8
+
1
+
1
+
9
+
6
+
7
+
10
+
9
)
}
=
5 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:17PMProditor: niiiice
May 27, 2016 10:17PMSnow:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
5
+
8
+
6
+
6
+
9
)
}
=
2 Successes
for the rote reroll
May 27, 2016 10:17PMFlare: ((Very lucky luck lol))
May 27, 2016 10:17PMSnow: so, uh
wow
May 27, 2016 10:17PMElijah Craig: (How do rote rerolls work again?)
May 27, 2016 10:17PMSnow: (gnosis + fate 3 + athletics 3 + tool 1)
reroll failed dice once
May 27, 2016 10:18PMProditor: (Reroll failures)
May 27, 2016 10:18PMElijah Craig: (Gotcha)
May 27, 2016 10:18PMFin: (One time.)
May 27, 2016 10:18PMProditor: So, that's, what, 7 successes against 2 armor?
have fun
May 27, 2016 10:18PMSnow: no, that's on myself
May 27, 2016 10:18PMProditor: ahhh
May 27, 2016 10:19PMSnow: wait crap
spell factors are done before the roll
but I get 5 extra reach
May 27, 2016 10:19PMProditor: yeah
May 27, 2016 10:19PMFin: Want grants extra reach?
May 27, 2016 10:20PMSnow: being a rote
-3 for three turns, -2? for casting as an instant?
May 27, 2016 10:20PMProditor: sounds good to me
May 27, 2016 10:20PMSnow: and I get 7(!) rolls for 3 turns as rote rolls.
now to shoot at the report of the shotgun again
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
7
+
1
+
1
+
3
+
8
+
1
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:21PMProditor: aw yeah
May 27, 2016 10:21PMSnow:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
6
+
6
+
1
+
10
+
3
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:21PMProditor: haha, welp
May 27, 2016 10:21PMSnow: woof, still, a rote
May 27, 2016 10:21PMProditor: 2 against 2 armor
May 27, 2016 10:21PMSnow: "FUCK YOU!"
damage 2
May 27, 2016 10:21PMProditor: two damage dice
May 27, 2016 10:21PMSnow:
rolling {2d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
9
)
}
=
2 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:22PMProditor: You catch him firmly in the shoulder-- Elijah can see him stumble back.
May 27, 2016 10:22PMSnow: (2 turns left, 6 rote rolls left)
May 27, 2016 10:23PMProditor: "We don't have time for this crap. Grab it and go, I'll cover the exit!'
He tosses the shotgun aside, raising both arms.
You can all see his nimbus flaring, even through the darkness--
Like electrical fire burning out of control.
rolling {12d10!>10}>8
{
(
3
+
6
+
9
+
4
+
1
+
10
+
6
+
5
+
8
+
5
+
8
+
4
+
9
)
}
=
5 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:24PMFlare: ((eep))
May 27, 2016 10:24PMProditor: And half the furniture in the room comes flying towards your group, telekinetically shoved with alarming force.
May 27, 2016 10:25PMElijah Craig: Yikes
May 27, 2016 10:25PMProditor: It doesn't do much damage to most of you-- Snow's out in front here, so I'll roll an attack
vs defense
Claire Newcombe grits her teeth and ducks her head to prepare for the blow
May 27, 2016 10:26PMSnow: "crap"
May 27, 2016 10:26PMProditor:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
6
+
8
+
8
+
10
+
5
)
}
=
3 Successes
welp
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
4
+
6
+
3
+
8
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:26PMSnow: what's my r- oh
May 27, 2016 10:26PMProditor: a table catches you full in the face, Snow
1 lethal
May 27, 2016 10:26PMSnow: really? the face?
May 27, 2016 10:26PMProditor: you were on the floor
I remembered this time!
May 27, 2016 10:27PMSnow: "ghhhk"
May 27, 2016 10:27PMProditor: For the rest of you, you find the avalanche of objects has built up something of a makeshift barrier, messily strewn across the room.
May 27, 2016 10:27PMJessica (GM): One of the others yanks a chain off from around Ogun's prostrate neck, Elijah.
Holds it up a moment to the others.
May 27, 2016 10:27PMElijah Craig: Ah crap. This is a bad idea I'm thinking about
May 27, 2016 10:27PMJessica (GM): And they all go running for the back.
Fin
May 27, 2016 10:28PMSnow: do eeeet
May 27, 2016 10:28PMFin: Thinking.
May 27, 2016 10:28PMSnow: (I keep thinking you're ending the session)
May 27, 2016 10:28PMElijah Craig: Haha, saved by the end of the scene
May 27, 2016 10:28PMFin: :P
May 27, 2016 10:28PMFlare: (Yeah same >.> )
May 27, 2016 10:28PMElijah Craig: Oh, god damn it
hahah
Cool! Okay.
May 27, 2016 10:29PMFin: I can add an 'n' if it helps.
May 27, 2016 10:29PMJessica (GM): lol
May 27, 2016 10:29PMSnow: haha
May 27, 2016 10:29PMJessica (GM): Fin, Fin, it rhymes with Gin
May 27, 2016 10:30PMFin: Would it be possible to, say, create a thread between one of these guys (not the magic using ones) and, say, a piece of broken chair? With the goal of being able to find who did this?
Sympathy, that is.
May 27, 2016 10:30PMJessica (GM): Yeah, that sounds possible.
Better do it quick, though, they look like they plan to lam it.
May 27, 2016 10:30PMFin: I think I still have mind sight out, so at least I know someone's there.
So, I'll go ahead and do that. What sort of dice? And what level spell would that be?
May 27, 2016 10:32PMJessica (GM): Mind + Gnosis
May 27, 2016 10:32PMFin: Space?
May 27, 2016 10:32PMJessica (GM): Oh duh
Space, yes
rusty, sorry
May 27, 2016 10:32PMFin: Just need to figure out I need to apply penalties to make it last longer.
May 27, 2016 10:33PMJessica (GM): You definitely need to apply some extra duration to it or i's nott gonna last long--
it's hard to make spells like that "stick" to mages
May 27, 2016 10:34PMFin: Actually, here we go. I have a rote. Borrow threads. I'll grab whatever sympathy between one of the random grunts and another random grunt. Surely there has to be something there. And transfer it to a chunk of wood.
May 27, 2016 10:35PMJessica (GM): That sounds excellent.
May 27, 2016 10:35PMFin: Apply one reach to extend duration to scene, then another to COPY instead of steal the thread (so they don't know it's missing?!)
Then -2 to make it last a day
May 27, 2016 10:36PMJessica (GM): Excellent
May 27, 2016 10:36PMFin:
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
1
+
1
+
8
+
8
)
}
=
2 Successes
Hey hey.
May 27, 2016 10:36PMFin: And I guess those get rote quality, says Snow?
May 27, 2016 10:36PMJessica (GM): This chair leg and this grunt now have some history.
May 27, 2016 10:36PMFin: hopefully it's awkward.
May 27, 2016 10:37PMJessica (GM): Hey Flare, what up
May 27, 2016 10:37PMFin: "Fuck, just... just stay down, they're going..." Finn says to Claire, as she quietly starts to work magic.
May 27, 2016 10:37PMFlare: They are essentially running away, right?
May 27, 2016 10:37PMJessica (GM): Look to be.
Assuming the sith lord there isn't going to stick around to kill Elijah
Claire Newcombe 's hearing has come back but she still seems pretty dazed. She nods faintly to Fin.
May 27, 2016 10:38PMSnow: if its your rote then it gets rote quality
May 27, 2016 10:38PMFlare: Then she's just going to continue to be wary and trying to shield Claire.
May 27, 2016 10:38PMJessica (GM): Then, speaking of, hey Elijah
I believe you said something about a terrible idea
You should know that mages always follow through on terrible ideas
May 27, 2016 10:38PMElijah Craig: Yeah, going to try to grab the necklace with telekinesis.
May 27, 2016 10:39PMFlare: Yep, that's a terrible idea.
May 27, 2016 10:39PMJessica (GM): Go for broke
May 27, 2016 10:39PMFin: So terrible. I love it.
May 27, 2016 10:39PMElijah Craig: Using WP for this. That's Forces + Gnosis + 3
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
5
+
10
+
1
+
9
+
8
+
9
+
10
+
2
+
5
+
3
)
}
=
5 Successes
May 27, 2016 10:40PMSnow: that is exceptional success
May 27, 2016 10:40PMJessica (GM): welp
I believe this gets some CLASH OF WILLS thing
versus this dude's strength + athletics
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
9
+
7
+
5
+
8
+
2
+
1
+
1
)
}
=
3 Successes
Not successful enough!
The object is lurched out of his hands, and begins dragging your way
May 27, 2016 10:41PMJessica (GM): "Son of a--!"
May 27, 2016 10:41PMElijah Craig: At Speed 5
May 27, 2016 10:41PMJessica (GM): yeah, it'll reach you next round if nott halted
Pretty forcefully
Claire
The angry men sound very angry
What is going on
May 27, 2016 10:42PMSnow: (ooooh I see. its not 5 free reach, you get free reach for your arcana dots that meet or exceed the spell dots. IE arcana 3 casting a 2 dot spell gets 2 free reach. you can add further reach but that risks paradox. And a rote means your arcana counts as 5 for that purpose)
May 27, 2016 10:43PMFin: (Yeah, so... Casting a rote 1 dot spell means 5 free reach. Right?
May 27, 2016 10:43PMSnow: (yup. We'll figure this out by next session >_>)
May 27, 2016 10:43PMClaire Newcombe: (Ooooh, I realized I can do something!)
May 27, 2016 10:43PMFin: (Also I still can't find where it says Rote spells get rote quality.)
May 27, 2016 10:45PMSnow: (right in the middle of the paragraph on p 112)
May 27, 2016 10:45PMSnow: Casting a Rote from a Grimoire rather than
from memory, or casting a Rote she designed herself, gives the
mage’s spellcasting dice pool the rote quality.
May 27, 2016 10:45PMJessica (GM): we'll work tese things out in the fullnes of titme
May 27, 2016 10:45PMClaire Newcombe: (Whose turn is it?)
May 27, 2016 10:45PMJessica (GM): yours
May 27, 2016 10:45PMSnow: (yours!)
May 27, 2016 10:45PMClaire Newcombe: (Oh shit, sorry)
May 27, 2016 10:47PMFin: (Derp, thanks Snow. This stuff is dense.)
Claire Newcombe focuses her gaze on Elijah and begins to mouth words invoking the the Favored Fate of fortune in the hopes of pulling the necklace towards him.
Nice
May 27, 2016 10:49PMElijah Craig: Offers +4 to my next instant action, which will most likely be maintaining the levitation. Should help if anyone tries to interfere with it
May 27, 2016 10:49PMJessica (GM): very nice!
Snow
You guys can't tell anything happened with Claire's weird powers.
Changelings sure are strange.
May 27, 2016 10:50PMSnow: "What..."
May 27, 2016 10:50PMFin: As in, her magic doesn't set off passive magesight?
May 27, 2016 10:50PMJessica (GM): it does not at all.
She shows up to you as Not Human with magesight
but her individual powers? Nada extra
May 27, 2016 10:50PMFin: She's a witch!
May 27, 2016 10:50PMSnow: a witch!
May 27, 2016 10:50PMElijah Craig: hahah
May 27, 2016 10:50PMClaire Newcombe: A witch!
May 27, 2016 10:51PMJessica (GM): what's up, Snow
May 27, 2016 10:51PMFlare: Which witch? >.>
May 27, 2016 10:51PMJessica (GM): the wicked wittch, ding dong...
okay but yes
May 27, 2016 10:51PMSnow: so where are they in relation to the pile of furniture that is currently burying me?
May 27, 2016 10:51PMFin: (Belatedly, Jess, I think my spell actually lasts 2 ranks higher than I thought. So, a month? Primary Factor of duration.)
May 27, 2016 10:51PMSnow: or conveniently placed light fixtures.
May 27, 2016 10:51PMJessica (GM): They are on the other side of it
(Nice, Fin)
May 27, 2016 10:52PMSnow: in other worss can I see them?
(anyway, yeah, reach and spell factors are not interchangable, it seems.)
May 27, 2016 10:52PMJessica (GM): You can vaguely place the main one, at the least
It's still pretty dark
and there's no windows down here
May 27, 2016 10:52PMSnow:
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
4
+
9
+
1
+
5
+
7
+
10
+
8
)
}
=
3 Successes
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
6
+
10
+
10
+
6
+
4
+
7
)
}
=
2 Successes
sorry, shooting again
May 27, 2016 10:53PMJessica (GM): Gotcha
May 27, 2016 10:53PMSnow: she's got a one track mind
May 27, 2016 10:53PMJessica (GM): well that is a pretty solid shot
2 armor
May 27, 2016 10:53PMSnow:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
4
+
5
+
10
+
5
+
3
+
10
+
2
)
}
=
2 Successes
Snow reaches out from under a tipped over table and keeps pulling the trigger in the direction of Proditor
May 27, 2016 10:53PMJessica (GM): He actually stumbles backwards to a knee this time-- you think you hit something important.
He curses.
May 27, 2016 10:54PMElijah Craig: "Nice shot."
May 27, 2016 10:54PMSnow: "Don't you DARE FUCK WITH THE CHICAGO CONSILIUM KIDS CLUB!"
May 27, 2016 10:54PMJessica (GM): "...Fuck it! Take the mystagogue instead and get us out of here! We'll take the World from these corpses later!"
He will fall back in the dark.
Elijah, he's heading for the prone shot mage.
May 27, 2016 10:55PMSnow: (I got spell factors screwed up so that'll be my last rote roll)
May 27, 2016 10:55PMJessica (GM): One of the others focuses-- you can all see the Space nimbus flaring.
aaaand. Yeah.
That's a portal.
The lockett comes flying into your hand, Elijah.
As they dive through it, old man's body in tow.
Exeunt combat.
Snow fires again
May 27, 2016 10:56PMSnow: she can't quite see 'em, she's just hoping luck works out
Elijah Craig grabs the locket, having to look away as the opening of the portal momentaily blinds him.
May 27, 2016 10:56PMFlare: "You really like shooting that thing, dontcha?"
May 27, 2016 10:57PMSnow: (read at nothing in particular)
"... yeah."
May 27, 2016 10:57PMFin: So, they're gone gone?
May 27, 2016 10:57PMJessica (GM): Gone.
Claire Newcombe slumps back on her heels in exhaustion as Elijah grabs the locket.
May 27, 2016 10:57PMJessica (GM): Portal snapped shut behind 'em.
May 27, 2016 10:57PMFlare: "Well, great, so... we just barely managed to keep her alive, against someone who wasn't even after her. We're off to a fab start."
May 27, 2016 10:57PMJessica (GM): Practiced, that.
(your luck, incidentally, helped inform Proditor's decision to flee)
(unconsciously)
May 27, 2016 10:58PMElijah Craig: Does it revert to pitch black?
Fin scrambles to her feet and heads over to the downed man.
May 27, 2016 10:58PMJessica (GM): Yeah, Elijah.
May 27, 2016 10:58PMFin: "Fuck! Anyone ... know first aid... or whatever?!"
May 27, 2016 10:58PMElijah Craig: They grabbed him, Fin
May 27, 2016 10:58PMSnow: they took him, he's gone
May 27, 2016 10:58PMJessica (GM): There's a light switch over there by the elevator, though.
May 27, 2016 10:58PMFin: OH, god
what is wrong with me
May 27, 2016 10:58PMElijah Craig: It happens!
May 27, 2016 10:58PMJessica (GM): You guys saved the thing they were looking to steal.
Soooo.
They took a hostage instead.
May 27, 2016 10:59PMSnow: you hear rustling as she tries to get the table off of hersel
f
Fin scrambles to her feet and charges after where the guy WAS... then whirls around, holding her beloved chunk of broken chair.
May 27, 2016 10:59PMFlare: "Hey Snow.. I got a suggestion on that name...."
"The Misfit Kids Club."
May 27, 2016 11:00PMSnow: "I like it. You're cool."
Claire Newcombe pushes broken furniture aside so she can sit down once more on the couch.
May 27, 2016 11:00PMSnow: push, shove, crumple
May 27, 2016 11:00PMFin: "Fuck, ok...ok... Claire, are you ok?!"
Flare grins and winks to her, helping remove broken bits of furniture
May 27, 2016 11:00PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm fine, thank you. It just took a lot out of me, that's all."
Claire Newcombe squeezes the bridge of her nose.
May 27, 2016 11:01PMFin: "Ok... ok anyone else hit?!"
May 27, 2016 11:01PMElijah Craig: I flick the light switch with my telekinesis. Something just makes me really confident about working it.
"Snow got hit pretty badly."
May 27, 2016 11:01PMJessica (GM): I'll jjust let you have the light switch mojo.
The room is flooded withlight again.
Wow, what a mess.
Fin winces under the light, but starts looking around for Snow.
Elijah Craig sits down on a ruined couch and examines the locket in his hands.
May 27, 2016 11:02PMClaire Newcombe: "Snow?"
May 27, 2016 11:02PMSnow: now that I can see, I'll awkwardly get out from under the furniture pile.
May 27, 2016 11:03PMFin: "Ok, fuck, anyone know, uh... first aid?"
May 27, 2016 11:03PMJessica (GM): Locket doesn't look like much, at a glance, Elijah.
But you can feel the magic pouring off of it.
May 27, 2016 11:03PMSnow: She's bleeding from her nose pretty bad.
May 27, 2016 11:03PMJessica (GM): You don't see a clasp or anything to open i.
Fin glances around, to see if there are any volunteers... and ends up with eyes on Elijah. She blinks a few times and starts over towards him.
May 27, 2016 11:04PMSnow: "What happened now?"
May 27, 2016 11:04PMElijah Craig: I do a careful evaluation of the locket, as I would any potentially magical relic. Whatever that might entail.
May 27, 2016 11:04PMSnow: just standing in the middle of the room, hoodie half open, large revolver dangling from her hands, and bleeding from the face.
Claire Newcombe steps over the mess carefully to approach Snow.
May 27, 2016 11:04PMJessica (GM): It's... too much, Elijah. You've seen something like this only once before
The signature's so radiant, so... pure.
No modern mage could produce an item like this.
It's Atlantean.
Claire Newcombe takes up some discarded linen napkins.
Elijah Craig almost drops it, appearing shocked.
May 27, 2016 11:05PMFin: "Hey, uh... what... what is that? Is that Ogun's...?" Snow is forgotten. Sorry Snow.
May 27, 2016 11:05PMClaire Newcombe: "May I touch your face, Snow?"
May 27, 2016 11:05PMElijah Craig: "F-fuck."
May 27, 2016 11:06PMSnow: "go ahead"
Snow wipes her nose, looks at her sleeve
May 27, 2016 11:06PMFlare: "Is that little thing what they were calling the world?"
Elijah Craig reaches for a clean cloth handkerchief, wraps the locket in it. Sets it on a table.
May 27, 2016 11:06PMSnow: "aw shid ids all on my sleef now"
Claire Newcombe reaches for Snow's elbow as well, intending to gently draw her over to a couch if she's allowed.
May 27, 2016 11:06PMClaire Newcombe: "It's all right, I don't think it's broken."
May 27, 2016 11:07PMElijah Craig: "Fin, does your friend often carry around priceless artifacts?"
May 27, 2016 11:07PMFin: "Uh... he's kind of a big fuckin' deal. Like... like the biggest fucking deal... Hey, we can use that to try to find him."
May 27, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): Wait, did she call him Ogun?
May 27, 2016 11:08PMFin: Elijah, like, set on the table and released?
May 27, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): You've all probably heard of Ogun.
May 27, 2016 11:08PMClaire Newcombe: (even me?)
May 27, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): well, no, not Claire
May 27, 2016 11:08PMSnow: "uhhhhhh...."
May 27, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): http://reliquary.obsidianportal.com/characters/ogun for reference
May 27, 2016 11:08PMElijah Craig: Correct. He's no longer holding the locket.
Snow sits, then stands back up
May 27, 2016 11:08PMSnow: "Dad wuz fuggin ogund?"
May 27, 2016 11:08PMFin: Alright, Fin's going to grab the relic, less someone yells at her or beats her to it.
Claire Newcombe reaches for Snow's shoulder but doesn't force her. Her tone is gentle but firm when she speaks.
May 27, 2016 11:10PMClaire Newcombe: "Snow, please sit down. You're injured and we should see how badly in case they come back with friends."
May 27, 2016 11:10PMFin: "Yeah, Ogun. Now, I can fuck with the threads, fix this up so we can use it to find him... if y'all are cool with that?"
Snow grimaces, then sits
May 27, 2016 11:10PMElijah Craig: "Hey! Careful with it! I did mention the words 'priceless' and 'artifact'."
May 27, 2016 11:10PMSnow: "kay."
May 27, 2016 11:10PMFlare: "Actually, we should probably get out of here in case they come back with friends."
May 27, 2016 11:10PMClaire Newcombe: "Thank you."
May 27, 2016 11:11PMFin: "Just... just give me a minute! I handle priceless artifacts all the time." She doesn't.
Claire Newcombe dabs gingerly at Snow's face.
May 27, 2016 11:11PMClaire Newcombe: "Flare's right. But where would we go?"
May 27, 2016 11:12PMFlare: "Uhh...." She thinks of the run-down apartment she's been couch-surfing in. "I... got nothin'."
May 27, 2016 11:12PMFin: Ok Jess. Plan is... step one... copy the link from the the necklace to Ogun onto the chair leg, then step two, veil sympathy. Not sure how long that would take.
May 27, 2016 11:12PMJessica (GM): like something you might prefer to do somewhere else where you have time to focus.
May 27, 2016 11:13PMFin: K.
Flare looks around to the others for suggestions
May 27, 2016 11:13PMElijah Craig: "Would be good to know where the portal took them. Though I doubt they would have gone straight to their secret lair."
May 27, 2016 11:13PMFin: "Fuck, ok, yeah, I got a place we can go. A few places. Y'all don't mind being minorities, do you?"
May 27, 2016 11:14PMElijah Craig: "Technically, I'm the minority here."
Elijah Craig ducks his head
May 27, 2016 11:14PMSnow: "Nah."
May 27, 2016 11:14PMFlare: "Do I look like I care about blending in with the crowd?" Big grin.
May 27, 2016 11:14PMClaire Newcombe: "No, I am."
May 27, 2016 11:14PMFin: "I mean y'all a buncha white folk," she grumbles.
May 27, 2016 11:14PMElijah Craig: "Yeah, let's get going."
May 27, 2016 11:15PMSnow: "..."
May 27, 2016 11:15PMFin: Before leaving... there any blood still wet, Jess? Ogun blood?
Snow glances to Claire
May 27, 2016 11:15PMJessica (GM): Yes, Fin.
May 27, 2016 11:15PMElijah Craig: Does the shotgun remain discarded on the floor?
May 27, 2016 11:15PMClaire Newcombe: "I think you're safe to travel."
May 27, 2016 11:15PMSnow: "Waid we don'd need to do dis."
May 27, 2016 11:15PMJessica (GM): You've heard he's a Thyrsus, so he's... probably not dead?
Depends on how careful he was.
Snow waits the 10 seconds to pattern bolster the lethal away
May 27, 2016 11:15PMFlare: I'd imagine a great big puddle of it if he took a shotgun to the chest >.>
May 27, 2016 11:16PMSnow: (and, uh, 3 mana)
May 27, 2016 11:16PMJessica (GM): Thaaaat's better, Snow.
May 27, 2016 11:16PMFin: Fin will grab a napkin and wipe up some of Ogun's blood, then fold it up and pocket it. All while carrying her broken chunk of chair.
Snow sniffs
Claire Newcombe looks between Snow and her bloodied napkin. It's...probably not the weirdest thing she's seen this week.
May 27, 2016 11:17PMClaire Newcombe: "If that's settled, I am ready to go."
May 27, 2016 11:17PMSnow: "Thanks, though."
May 27, 2016 11:17PMFin: "Aight. We off to the hood!" Fin sounds excited.
May 27, 2016 11:17PMClaire Newcombe: "You're quite welcome. I'm glad your face isn
't permanently dented."
May 27, 2016 11:17PMElijah Craig: Is the shotgun still there, Jess, or did they grab it when they fled?
May 27, 2016 11:18PMJessica (GM): Shotgun's still there.
May 27, 2016 11:18PMElijah Craig: Grabbing it
Flare can't quite stop a snicker at the 'permanently dented' bit, as she moves to follow Fin.
May 27, 2016 11:18PMJessica (GM): Snow must have gotten him worried after she clipped him for the third time.
May 27, 2016 11:18PMElijah Craig: I check what kind of shells are loaded. Buckshot, solid, something exotic?
Snow tucks her revolver away.
May 27, 2016 11:19PMJessica (GM): Very exotic, though you have to open one up o see just how much so. Looks like birdshot, but these are silver pellets.
May 27, 2016 11:19PMFin: "And why you all carrying guns? Serious, I'm the only one without a piece on me?"
May 27, 2016 11:19PMJessica (GM): Weren't likely aiming to kill with birdshot.
May 27, 2016 11:19PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm physically unarmed."
May 27, 2016 11:19PMJessica (GM): Just wound.
May 27, 2016 11:20PMFlare: "Eh... my life hasn't exactly been a cushy one."
Snow glances around.
Elijah Craig offers the shotgun to Snow.
May 27, 2016 11:21PMSnow: "Yeah, sure, whatever. There's always room in the trunk."
May 27, 2016 11:21PMElijah Craig: "What do you make of that? Loaded with silver pellets or something."
May 27, 2016 11:21PMSnow: "Oh!'
"Uh."
"huh."
May 27, 2016 11:21PMFin: "Oh, Claire, uh... guess... some details. That man, his name's Ogun. He's a big fuckin' deal. Whatever they were after must be pretty big. In fact, I'd wager it looks REAL fucking bad that we're here when this went down and-... Hey can anyone cover our exit? So no one sees us leave? I can handle it if not."
May 27, 2016 11:21PMSnow: "Silver's gotta be for something."
going to.
sec
May 27, 2016 11:22PMJessica (GM): I can offer someone some insight with a
int + occult
May 27, 2016 11:22PMElijah Craig: Oo, I'll try
May 27, 2016 11:22PMSnow: ooh
May 27, 2016 11:22PMElijah Craig:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
3
+
2
+
9
+
4
)
}
=
1 Successes
May 27, 2016 11:22PMSnow: was going to cast a matter spell :D
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
5
+
2
+
8
+
4
)
}
=
2 Successes
for the occult roll though
May 27, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): Snow, Elijah:
Claire Newcombe frowns thoughtfully but says nothing.
May 27, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): Silver's a solid material for an acanthus to use as an arcane focus.
Never heard of someone using a bullet as a focus, though.
May 27, 2016 11:23PMSnow: oh ho ho
giving me ideas then
May 27, 2016 11:24PMJessica (GM): Still, if he was using Fate to enhance his shots
May 27, 2016 11:24PMElijah Craig: Working theory: they grabbed the shotgun they usually use for vampire hunting. Hey, have to start somewhere.
May 27, 2016 11:24PMJessica (GM): You couldn't get muchmore convenient
Easy to weave it in
May 27, 2016 11:24PMFin: Werewolf hunting >.<
Snow racks the gun, then catches the ejected cartridge
May 27, 2016 11:25PMSnow: "Might be using it as a focus."
"Or something. I dunno."
May 27, 2016 11:26PMElijah Craig: Either way, I can go invisible and check out the exits. Give the go ahead when I think it's safe for everyone to get out unseen.
May 27, 2016 11:26PMSnow: "They used it on Oldguy for a reason."
May 27, 2016 11:26PMJessica (GM): It's clear, Elijah.
Upstairs resaurant's been closed for hours.
May 27, 2016 11:26PMElijah Craig: "To piece his defenses?"
May 27, 2016 11:27PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm guessing we're not calling Uber."
May 27, 2016 11:27PMElijah Craig: Anyone take their own care here?
*car
May 27, 2016 11:27PMSnow: "Maybe. Seems like a dude who'd be prepared."
Snow raises her hand.
Flare looks over at Claire with a raised brow.
May 27, 2016 11:27PMFin: "Yeah, I got a car... we clear, Elijah?" asked after Elijah returns, of course.
Flare then looks back with a grin. "Oh, I do."
May 27, 2016 11:27PMFlare: Her grin looks almost predatory somehow
May 27, 2016 11:28PMElijah Craig: "We're good to go. So two cars, what's the destination?"
May 27, 2016 11:28PMClaire Newcombe: "Three cars. I'll ride with Fin and you can follow?"
May 27, 2016 11:29PMFin: "63rd and Halstead. If you got a nice car, might wanna think about leaving it somewhere... else."
Flare pouts a bit at that
May 27, 2016 11:30PMElijah Craig: "We'll meet up there."
May 27, 2016 11:30PMSnow: "Sounds like a challenge."
May 27, 2016 11:31PMJessica (GM): And so you off into the night to lie low and figure out what to... do with all of this. A kidnapping, a shotgun-wielding enemy earned, and an atlantean artifact of unknown purpose.
let's call it there for now.

Basic Rolls

d
d4
f
d6
h
d8
j
d10
l
d12
t
d20

Advanced Roll

Roll: +

(Optional Additional Settings)

Exploding:

Target Number:


Last 10 Rolls

You can also perform even more advanced rolls, like drop/keep, and build up a custom library of macros of your commonly used rolls. Check out the Help Documentation for more info!