Hide Whispers

Session 3 - Parallel Lines

June 10, 2016 7:53PMJessica (GM): We pick up almost exactly where we left off-- with a drone going window to window, apartment to apartment, as you look out over a Chicago skyline that is just ever so slightly off.
Fin remains away from the window, right there beside Claire.
June 10, 2016 7:54PMElijah Craig: "Wait! I'm jumping into conclusions. This could be an illusion."
June 10, 2016 7:54PMFin: "Ain't no fucking illusion! What the fuck y'all see out there?!"
June 10, 2016 7:55PMJennie P.: (So, to my understanding they were doing some drugs, yes? how recently?)
June 10, 2016 7:55PMFin: (SOme coke like 5-10 minutes ago :P )
June 10, 2016 7:55PMClaire Newcombe: (There's also some mj being passed around)
Elijah Craig walks up to a random closet in the living room and stops in front of it.
June 10, 2016 7:55PMElijah Craig: "Claire, what is in here?"
June 10, 2016 7:55PMJennie P.: (How did we end up with a whole bunch of druggies pushed together? XD)
Claire Newcombe hesitates.
June 10, 2016 7:56PMClaire Newcombe: "Is it...important?"
June 10, 2016 7:56PMFin: (Fin rolled a joint but hasn't started yet. And only Claire and Elijah took coke (and maybe Flare) )
June 10, 2016 7:56PMJennie P.: "That was either some really good shit or some really bad shit..."
(If it was in the offering, she definitely did >.>)
June 10, 2016 7:57PMFin: "What... wait, what the fuck you mean is it important? We just got... whatever'd and..."
Claire Newcombe goes over to the closet and opens up the closet for Elijah, looking a bit bashful. Inside is...toys. Like, a lot of them.
Fin moves to the window, finally, seeing that Elijah and Snow haven't been blasted.
June 10, 2016 7:57PMElijah Craig: "If it contains what you remember it to contain, this is less likely to be an illusion."
June 10, 2016 7:57PMFin: Jess, I do believe you said something about... a tank?
June 10, 2016 7:57PMJessica (GM): yes.
Claire Newcombe catches an old Strawberry Shortcake doll as it falls from the top shelf.
June 10, 2016 7:58PMJessica (GM): Rolling down the street like it was common as could be.
Claire Newcombe holds it up to him.
June 10, 2016 7:58PMFin: And would I recognize that delightful branding on it?
June 10, 2016 7:58PMClaire Newcombe: "That's mine."
June 10, 2016 7:58PMJessica (GM): "VANILLA WAFER" reads the tag.
June 10, 2016 7:59PMElijah Craig: "Although... if it's a quantum-level illusion, you just thinking about what was in the closet may have collapsed the wave function and the contents would have been created at run-time."
June 10, 2016 7:59PMClaire Newcombe: (Wait, is that to mean it's NOT my doll? There's no Vanilla Wafer in Strawberry Shortcake)
June 10, 2016 8:00PMJessica (GM): Claire
June 10, 2016 8:00PMElijah Craig: "That would take some damned advanced wizardry, though."
June 10, 2016 8:00PMJessica (GM): It appears this doll is named...
Vanilla Wafer.
June 10, 2016 8:00PMFin: "There's fucking tanks outside, Elijah. Ain't no time to joke about quantum-fucking whatever..."
June 10, 2016 8:00PMJessica (GM): Did you buy a knock-off and never noticed the tag or something?
It's got the company logo!
Claire Newcombe checks the tag for where the little girl's signature had been, but it's...been replaced.
Elijah Craig looks a bit frustrated.
June 10, 2016 8:00PMClaire Newcombe: "Okay. Wait."
June 10, 2016 8:00PMElijah Craig: "It's what I'm trying to determine, if the tanks are real!"
Claire Newcombe takes a deep breath to straighten her head.
June 10, 2016 8:01PMClaire Newcombe: "This is not my doll."
June 10, 2016 8:01PMElijah Craig: "...No?"
June 10, 2016 8:01PMSnow: "Elijah we're dealing with a dang artifact"
Claire Newcombe 's eyes suddenly widen and her face grows ashen.
Elijah Craig takes a look at the doll.
June 10, 2016 8:01PMFin: Sorry Jess... First, do I recognize the logo on the tank? And second, I'm pretty sure you already said there wasn't anything on mind and space site?
June 10, 2016 8:01PMClaire Newcombe: "Oh my god. This is NOT my doll."
June 10, 2016 8:01PMSnow: "I think this is about as real as where we were five minutes ago."
June 10, 2016 8:01PMJessica (GM): Fin: if you paid much attention to that kinda stuff, yeah, probably
And no
June 10, 2016 8:01PMClaire Newcombe: "This is some Fae-level shit."
Elijah Craig glares at the doll really intensely and attempts to dispel it.
June 10, 2016 8:02PMJessica (GM): The doll refuses to change, as it bears no enchantment.
Claire Newcombe has to make her way to the couch to sit back down again because she's looking pretty nauseated.
June 10, 2016 8:02PMFin: "Look, man, there ain't no fucking mind reading illusions or any other shit going on. What there is a fucking tank and did y'all see the fucking logo on it? Shut the fuck up a second about dolls and come look!"
June 10, 2016 8:02PMElijah Craig: "It's not an illusion."
Elijah Craig walks over to Fin at the window and looks out.
Jennie P. rubs a hand across her face a few times
June 10, 2016 8:03PMClaire Newcombe: "Fin, I've crossed through realities more than a few times. I believe you that there's a fucking -tank- out there."
"That's the least of my goddamn worries right now."
Fin can't exactly go ashen, but she looks extremely troubled as she looks back at her cabal.
June 10, 2016 8:03PMElijah Craig: "Shit, that's a tank."
Claire Newcombe closes her eyes and takes several breaths in and out.
June 10, 2016 8:04PMFin: "Look, Cee? Whatever you dealt with... it can't be worse than a fuckin' throne sigil on a fuckin' tank."
Snow leaves the apartment
Fin moves to close the curtains, if there are curtains. Hopefully there are!
June 10, 2016 8:04PMJessica (GM): Hallways empty, Snow.
Though there are ...
rather a lot of security cameras out there.
One trained on every door, one at the end of the hall.
There are curtains, Fin.
Claire Newcombe opens her eyes and stands up. Her uncertainty seems to have been brief, as she's now calm and collected.
Flare frowns a bit, looking between Fin and Claire. She stands slowly and moves over to Claire, setting a hand on her shoulder lightly. "If a tank is at the bottom of the list, what's at the top?"
June 10, 2016 8:06PMClaire Newcombe: "Fae magic."
"But...that's okay. We're going to be fine and we're going to get back to our reality."
Claire Newcombe suddenly gives Flare a dazzling smile.
June 10, 2016 8:07PMClaire Newcombe: "We're good."
June 10, 2016 8:07PMElijah Craig: Does this iteration of the condo have a computer?
Snow comes back into the room
Flare returns the smile, though it's a little uncertain
June 10, 2016 8:07PMJessica (GM): If Claire had one before, then yes.
June 10, 2016 8:07PMSnow: "Think we're in 1984 or something."
"Cameras everywhere."
"uh
June 10, 2016 8:07PMClaire Newcombe: (she does, a little Macbook on her bed)
June 10, 2016 8:07PMSnow: "Don't turn on the tv."
June 10, 2016 8:07PMFin: "Does no one know what that means?" she asks, eyeing the other mages.
June 10, 2016 8:08PMElijah Craig: "Claire, do you happen to have a computer? Mind if I use it?"
June 10, 2016 8:08PMClaire Newcombe: "On the bed, and go for it."
Claire Newcombe finally goes over to the floor-to-ceiling windows to peek down for herself.
Elijah Craig disappears into the bedroom.
June 10, 2016 8:08PMJessica (GM): The GATEWAY 2000 laptop is, indeed
right there on the bed.
June 10, 2016 8:09PMElijah Craig: "Bet I can guess your password!"
June 10, 2016 8:09PMFlare: "Right now, it's -out there-. We prolly ought to take stock of all the problems before deciding which one to freak out over first."
June 10, 2016 8:09PMElijah Craig: Let's see if we can get on the Internet.
Claire Newcombe nods firmly to Flare's words, though her eyes are focused on the street.
June 10, 2016 8:09PMJessica (GM): It appears it's already connected to the interne, Elijah.
Fin steps over towards Claire, being that she's already just about there.
June 10, 2016 8:09PMJessica (GM): Though you can't see any functionality to do anything with the wi-fi access.
It's just... connected.
June 10, 2016 8:10PMFin: "Look. You see that sigil on the tank? That's something that means a lot to us. That's... the worst of the worst, right there..."
June 10, 2016 8:10PMClaire Newcombe: "What does it mean?"
June 10, 2016 8:10PMSnow: "Jerks."
June 10, 2016 8:11PMFin: "It's... a group. A group that's real powerful, but, you know. We handle 'em. Keep 'em in check. They dwell in the shadows. And they ain't been in Chicago for a long time."
Flare gives a little snort of a half-laugh at Snow's succinct, if not inaccurate, response
June 10, 2016 8:12PMElijah Craig: Traceroute to google.com. I'm guessing the ISP is locked down?
June 10, 2016 8:12PMClaire Newcombe: "Okay. Well...okay. So we know who we're going to ask for help then."
June 10, 2016 8:12PMFin: "... Who we gonna ask for help?"
June 10, 2016 8:12PMJessica (GM): No traceroute functionality on this computer, it just times out.
June 10, 2016 8:12PMFlare: "If I had to guess, I'd say here - wherever here is - it's them handling us. Y'know, tank and all."
June 10, 2016 8:12PMClaire Newcombe: "The people they oppress."
June 10, 2016 8:13PMJessica (GM): Looks like you are being specifically denied access through the OS.
Fin sucks in a breath, and then rubs her face.
June 10, 2016 8:13PMClaire Newcombe: "There has to be groups of you guys running around underground planning a revolution. Mockingjay and all of that, right?"
June 10, 2016 8:13PMFin: "Mocking... Claire, that... There's not been shit like that on the streets since... since fuckin' Atlantis or some shit! This is impossible."
June 10, 2016 8:14PMJessica (GM): Internet browser pops open on you, Elijah.
Auto-directing to a site run by the Ministry of Technology And Information
reminding you to be vigilant against cybercrimes
and not to attempt to access command functions.
June 10, 2016 8:15PMClaire Newcombe: "I don't deal in impossibilities, Fin. I haven't since Nineteen Eighty-Four."
June 10, 2016 8:15PMJessica (GM): This is more than the Seers in the ascendancy.
June 10, 2016 8:15PMElijah Craig: Sweet. Does the Ministry website say if it's a US Government ministry?
June 10, 2016 8:15PMJessica (GM): This is the Seers triumphant.
Yes, Elijah-- looks like it's connected to Homeland Security in some way, and...
A knock on the front door.
June 10, 2016 8:16PMFin: "What the fuck is with y'all and the 80s? 1984?"
Claire Newcombe gives Fin a meaningful look.
June 10, 2016 8:16PMClaire Newcombe: "I was taken by the Fae in 1984. I was seven."
June 10, 2016 8:16PMJessica (GM): Man's voice comes muffled through it. "Miss Newcombe? Compliance Authority here. Could we have a word?"
June 10, 2016 8:16PMFin: "Wait, you... but you're... nah, that's-..." Goes quiet.
June 10, 2016 8:16PMElijah Craig: I'm going invisible. >>
Claire Newcombe turns back towards the door.
June 10, 2016 8:17PMFin: Yeah, Jess, can I real quick make, uh, all of us who aren't Claire invisible?
Flare stares at the door wide-eyed, mouthing the words 'compliance authority?'
Claire Newcombe goes towards the intercom and presses the button.
June 10, 2016 8:17PMJessica (GM): Invisibility's not really in your wheelhouse, though you can attempt it with Mind, yeah?
June 10, 2016 8:17PMFin: Yeah, that's what I meant. Whatever it's called... where they just don't see you
June 10, 2016 8:17PMJessica (GM): Right, right.
June 10, 2016 8:17PMClaire Newcombe: (sorry, not intercom. front door)
Snow is lounging by her duffel right now
June 10, 2016 8:18PMClaire Newcombe: "Yes? Is there something wrong, sir?"
June 10, 2016 8:18PMJessica (GM): call it an additional, eh
2 reach for blanketing multiple targets
"You're showing as clocked in at your place of employment."
"Probably just forgot to clock out, I know, but there are forms."
June 10, 2016 8:18PMFin: 2 reach? Or do you mean 2 difficulty?
June 10, 2016 8:19PMJessica (GM): difficulty, yeah
June 10, 2016 8:19PMSnow: difficulty isn't a thing?
June 10, 2016 8:19PMFin: Well I can use 1 scale to go to 5 people.
June 10, 2016 8:19PMJessica (GM): let's
go with that then
Claire Newcombe swallows hard at the implication of there being ANOTHER Claire. But she moves past it and starts removing her clothes as quickly as she can.
June 10, 2016 8:19PMJessica (GM): I'm still getting my footing
with all this newfangled terminology
June 10, 2016 8:19PMFin: Willpower...
Claire Newcombe tosses her outfit into the nearest closet.
June 10, 2016 8:19PMFin:
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
2
+
6
+
8
+
6
+
7
)
}
=
1 Successes
June 10, 2016 8:20PMJessica (GM): That'll do.
The rest of you should be difficult for anyone to focus on.
Eye slide right past.
Flare blinks a bit at the stripping Claire
June 10, 2016 8:20PMJessica (GM): You all notice with mage sight Fin's nimbus flaring, Claire aside.
Claire Newcombe leans against the door but keeps it closed.
June 10, 2016 8:20PMJessica (GM): "Coming in, alright?"
June 10, 2016 8:20PMClaire Newcombe: "Sorry, one second. I wasn't expecting anyone, let me get the door."
June 10, 2016 8:20PMJessica (GM): You hear a key rattling in the door.
Claire Newcombe unlocks the door as he's opening it.
Claire Newcombe swings the door inward and steps back, half-hiding behind it in embarassment.
June 10, 2016 8:21PMFin: "Go ahead, Claire, we're not here," says Fin, right before she unlocks the door, all whisper silent
June 10, 2016 8:21PMElijah Craig:
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
2
+
8
+
1
+
8
+
4
+
7
+
2
)
}
=
3 Successes
June 10, 2016 8:21PMLazarus: As it swings open, you find yourself face to face with... Elijah. Lookking clean-cut, very tidy.
June 10, 2016 8:21PMElijah Craig: I got an excellent exceptional success with my Invisibility.
Claire Newcombe blushes bright pink but this one is not feigned.
June 10, 2016 8:22PMElijah Craig: Oh god, it's the nerd Elijah
June 10, 2016 8:22PMLazarus: Take a condition, Elijah:
Feeling Focused
can use up the condition for an automatic success on a spell and a beat.
June 10, 2016 8:22PMElijah Craig: Cool!
June 10, 2016 8:22PMLazarus: you're in-tune witht the forces today, and you need to be.
June 10, 2016 8:23PMSnow: (is that from shaun of the dead?!?)
June 10, 2016 8:23PMLazarus: (Sure is)
June 10, 2016 8:23PMClaire Newcombe: "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking, I just came back to change because I spilled coffee everywhere and I fell asleep and completely forgot to get back...."
June 10, 2016 8:23PMLazarus: He seems less than moved at your state of undress.
"Well, you do have to clock out for that too. Labor laws."
June 10, 2016 8:23PMClaire Newcombe: "I know, I know."
June 10, 2016 8:23PMLazarus: He steps across thte threshold, tapping a clipboard.
Claire Newcombe steps back and lets go of the door, looking super apologetic.
Fin totally doesn't invisibly stare probably.
June 10, 2016 8:24PMFin: You know. At either sight.
Flare stays very still, watching, her hand resting on her pistol's grip just in case
June 10, 2016 8:24PMLazarus: "Why don't you go throw some clothes on, this won't take too long."
June 10, 2016 8:24PMClaire Newcombe: "The coffee ended up down my blouse instead of my mouth and now my brain's just not working."
June 10, 2016 8:25PMLazarus: "You have darjeeling tea in your cupboard, from your grocery card, right?"
"Mind if I brew a cup?"
He heads for the kitchen.
June 10, 2016 8:25PMClaire Newcombe: "Please...make yourself at home."
Claire Newcombe looks spooked as she scampers to the bedroom to grab something to wear.
The man snorts as she stetps out of the room.
Elijah Craig whispers to Claire, completely invisible.
June 10, 2016 8:26PMLazarus: Tossing his clipboard down on the counter as he goes into the cupboard.
June 10, 2016 8:26PMElijah Craig: "Please don't scream. What's going on?"
June 10, 2016 8:26PMFin: (Jess, would Incognito Presence "conceal" my nimbus as much as my presence?)
Claire Newcombe ducks her head into the closet to whisper back.
June 10, 2016 8:27PMLazarus: (To some extent, though you might find yourself invoking an unwitting Clash of Wills against his mage sight)
June 10, 2016 8:27PMClaire Newcombe: "That man is -you- with glasses and he knows what I have in my cupboards."
Fin remains mostly out of sight, but with eyes on fake Elijah.
Claire Newcombe takes down a black sundress - Armani - and puts it on with shaky hands.
June 10, 2016 8:28PMLazarus: He stirs the cup as it boils.
June 10, 2016 8:29PMElijah Craig: "Wh-what...? I uh... I'll let you get dressed."
Flare also moves slowly, silently, keeping an eye on not-Elijah
Elijah Craig avoided looking at Claire after the first glance, now goes out to the door to see for himself.
Snow still lounges
June 10, 2016 8:29PMFin: (And one more noob question... does nimbus flaring and the like show through physical barriers? I mean, obvioulsy if you have active mage sight it could, but passive?)
June 10, 2016 8:30PMLazarus: And then makes his way over to the couch,, utterly at ease.
(Typically it doesn't -show-, but you may still sense something)
Claire Newcombe slides her feet into a pair of espradille wedge sandals. They're the closest thing she has to sneakers, in case she has to run.
Claire Newcombe emerges from the bedroom a few moments later, looking composed once more but extremely apologetic.
June 10, 2016 8:31PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm -so- sorry again, sir. I never wanted to inconvenience anyone and I'm sure my record is immaculate."
June 10, 2016 8:31PMLazarus: "Sorry for the hassle. I know no one likes a Compliance visit."
"Just a few forms and a nominal fine, which we'll deduct from your bank account. Nothing major."
"Oh, though."
"One small thing."
Claire Newcombe puts a hand to her chest, looking relieved.
June 10, 2016 8:32PMLazarus: "Where are all those other people you were here with, anyway?"
Flare freezes, her hand tightening on the pistol, eyes narrowing
Claire Newcombe makes a show of sitting down on the couch opposite and straightening her skirts to give herself a moment to think.
June 10, 2016 8:33PMLazarus: "Because, see-- heh."
He heads over to take a seat beside you.
"At least one of them flagged as a known undesirable."
Claire Newcombe looks confused.
June 10, 2016 8:34PMFin: "Prolly Snow," mummbles (quite literally) to herself.
June 10, 2016 8:34PMFlare: (Ugh. Anyway else read that in Umbridge's voice? XD)
June 10, 2016 8:34PMLazarus: "Hold on, hold on."
June 10, 2016 8:34PM (From Elijah Craig): So I pull out my pistol and screw in a suppressor, all quiet-like.
June 10, 2016 8:34PMLazarus: "Keep thinking through whatever you're wanting to tell me."
"I just wanna show you something.
He pulls out a phone, punching through some menus in an app you don't recognize.
"Suppose you could explain this to me, Claire?"
He shifts the phone over to show you what looks to be a camera feed over at Sachs Fifth Avenue.
annnd...
June 10, 2016 8:35PMLazarus: tthere's you.
working.
"Got me a little puzzled."
June 10, 2016 8:36PMFlare: (Are we 'invisible' to each other or just him?)
June 10, 2016 8:36PMLazarus: (just him)
June 10, 2016 8:36PMFin: Any chance that phone is giving off magic vibes, Jess?
June 10, 2016 8:36PMLazarus: oh yeah, Fin.
Flare slowly, smoothly, draws the pistol, aiming at not-Elijah, and looks at Fin with a questioningly raised brow
June 10, 2016 8:36PMLazarus: Lotta Space.
You think this guy's Panopticon.
This feels like them.
Claire Newcombe looks down at the phone, puzzled. When she looks back up at him, her cover is gone. She's dispelled her glamour and now he can see what Changelings see when they look at Claire.
June 10, 2016 8:37PMFin: Sorry, what's Panopticon?
June 10, 2016 8:37PMLazarus: one of the Seer ministries.
Obsessed with information control.
June 10, 2016 8:37PMFin: "No, dammit. Do not shoot fake Elijah," she hisses out.
June 10, 2016 8:37PM (From Elijah Craig): I sneak in closer to Lazarus.
June 10, 2016 8:37PMLazarus: He eyes her evenly.
Claire Newcombe is now looking at him like a giant doll, with glassy eyes and perfect curls. A crown of pink roses rests on her head and they emit a lovely smell.
June 10, 2016 8:37PMLazarus: "Oh... thank you so much."
Flare purses her lips, but gives a faint nod. She does not, however, lower the gun.
Claire Newcombe strikes out at him with her right fist.
June 10, 2016 8:38PM (From Elijah Craig): I shoot him in the head
June 10, 2016 8:38PMFin: "What the fu-.."
June 10, 2016 8:38PMLazarus: Okay-- at Claire:
defense is 4
at Elijah, roll on
June 10, 2016 8:38PMFlare: (Do we also see her that way?)
June 10, 2016 8:38PMSnow: (yes)
June 10, 2016 8:39PMFin: (Yeah. It's a pretty wild move!)
June 10, 2016 8:39PMElijah Craig: Any bonuses from proximity?
June 10, 2016 8:39PMClaire Newcombe:
rolling {3d10!>10}>8
{
(
5
+
3
+
7
)
}
=
0 Successes
(worth a shot)
Flare stares, mouth dropping open, the pistol dropping slightly
June 10, 2016 8:40PMLazarus: He slips to one side. "You have no idea how long it's been since I've been able to indulge myself."
"I -never- meet non-entities anymore."
June 10, 2016 8:40PMElijah Craig:
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
6
+
5
+
2
+
2
+
8
+
9
+
2
+
9
)
}
=
3 Successes
June 10, 2016 8:40PMFin: "Well fuckin' shoot him now!"
June 10, 2016 8:40PMLazarus: Hit, Elijah--
June 10, 2016 8:40PMFlare: "Right."
Shooting.
June 10, 2016 8:40PMLazarus: and come up against 4 armor as a force barrier comes visible, flaring in your mage sight
June 10, 2016 8:41PMElijah Craig: Elijah materializes right next to his twin, firing a suppressed pistol.
June 10, 2016 8:41PMLazarus: Roll ya damage
June 10, 2016 8:42PMElijah Craig: I thought it's derived from your attack
June 10, 2016 8:42PMLazarus: it's the pistol's amage + excess successes - armor
the first roll's just the to hit
June 10, 2016 8:42PMElijah Craig: OH I see
Any extra damage from point-blank?
June 10, 2016 8:43PMFin: Wait what now? 2E is fixed damaged.
June 10, 2016 8:43PMLazarus: urgh, how could I be off on -that-
June 10, 2016 8:44PMFin: Er. Sorry, not trying to back seat ST!
June 10, 2016 8:44PMLazarus: nah I mean if you're right it's good to say now!
i just thought this is what we did in WFA too
June 10, 2016 8:44PMFin: Okay, then it should be Weapon Damage (probably 1 or 2) + 3 success - 4 armor = lethal he takes
June 10, 2016 8:45PMLazarus: you'r right, yes
June 10, 2016 8:45PMElijah Craig: That'll be just 4, then
err 0
June 10, 2016 8:45PMLazarus: The bullet is pushed aside entirely by his force shield, burying itself in the couch cushion.
June 10, 2016 8:45PMElijah Craig: "Well, shit."
June 10, 2016 8:45PMLazarus: "...More and more curious."
I'm going to need initiative now
June 10, 2016 8:46PMSnow:
rolling 1d10+6
(
8
)
+6
=
14
June 10, 2016 8:46PMFin:
rolling 1d10+5
(
1
)
+5
=
6
June 10, 2016 8:46PMClaire Newcombe:
rolling 1d10+5
(
3
)
+5
=
8
June 10, 2016 8:46PMElijah Craig:
rolling 1d10+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
June 10, 2016 8:47PMFlare:
rolling 1d10+3
(
5
)
+3
=
8
June 10, 2016 8:47PMLazarus:
rolling 1d10+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
...hahaha
June 10, 2016 8:47PMFin: Because what else would it be -.-
June 10, 2016 8:47PMFlare: (Oh the irony)
June 10, 2016 8:47PMSnow: perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything
June 10, 2016 8:47PMLazarus: Snow's got the drop on this.
June 10, 2016 8:48PMElijah Craig: I would love a mage duel with this guy but I fear he's probably a little more advanced than I am.
June 10, 2016 8:48PMSnow: weeeehhhhhhh
June 10, 2016 8:48PMClaire Newcombe: (I'm picturing him as Gabriel from Supernatural)
June 10, 2016 8:49PMFin: Force shield only works the one time, right? Riiiight? :D
June 10, 2016 8:49PMSnow: no its always on
June 10, 2016 8:49PMFin: :(
June 10, 2016 8:50PMSnow: going to superlative luck myself. 1 reach to make it cast quickly, 1 reach for duration, and that's it I guess.
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
6
+
6
+
10
+
4
+
7
+
8
)
}
=
2 Successes
I get one rote roll this combat.
done
June 10, 2016 8:52PMLazarus: Gotcha
I'm gonna let darkeli here go next, as, all things being equal
he already got shot at
June 10, 2016 8:53PMFin: I'm having trouble telling them apart. Can one have a goatee?
June 10, 2016 8:53PMClaire Newcombe: (one has glasses)
June 10, 2016 8:53PMLazarus: "Oh, this is fascinating."
"I can't wait to take you apart and see how they made you."
"But, first, the subhuman."
He motions out witha hand, and you see his nimbus flare-- it's idenical to yours, Elijah.
June 10, 2016 8:54PMElijah Craig: Our world Elijah looks very haggard, the other one looks like he's got his shit together in a very fascist kind of way.
June 10, 2016 8:54PMFin: Probably hates coke, too :(
June 10, 2016 8:54PMClaire Newcombe: No, he's totally into the Panzerschokolade.
June 10, 2016 8:54PMLazarus: aaand
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
3
+
4
+
1
+
3
+
8
)
}
=
1 Successes
Claire, something feels... odd.
June 10, 2016 8:55PMElijah Craig: Wait. Do I recognize what he's casting?
June 10, 2016 8:55PMLazarus: Like the air itself is heavier.
Yeah, Elijah:
advanced, for you.
Rend Friction.
June 10, 2016 8:55PMElijah Craig: There's no counterspelling that, is there?
June 10, 2016 8:55PMSnow: there's always counterspelling
June 10, 2016 8:55PMLazarus: yeah, you have an action and are welcome to try
June 10, 2016 8:55PMFin: It won't hurt her if she doesn't move. Such a relief, right?
June 10, 2016 8:56PMFlare: (Armor chocolate... what a weird euphemism...)
June 10, 2016 8:56PMElijah Craig: Do I do that out of my turn?
Claire Newcombe looks to the others in alarm.
June 10, 2016 8:56PMClaire Newcombe: "What's he doing?"
June 10, 2016 8:56PMSnow: you give up your turn to counterspell
June 10, 2016 8:56PMLazarus: yeah, that
June 10, 2016 8:56PMSnow: or you can dispel on your turn
June 10, 2016 8:57PMLazarus: and it triggers a clash of wills between his gnosis + arcanum versus yours
June 10, 2016 8:57PMSnow: might be worth doing the latter since its based on potency
June 10, 2016 8:57PMFin: Maybe dispell his dang shield?
June 10, 2016 8:57PMLazarus: dispel, conversely, is yeah, based on potency
June 10, 2016 8:58PMElijah Craig: Yeah, okay. I'll hold off on it
"Claire, careful! Don't move."
June 10, 2016 8:59PMLazarus: Well, then, good news, you're up, though he will finish off his action by drawing a handgun.
lowering his init a bit
June 10, 2016 8:59PMElijah Craig: Trying to dispel his shield.
June 10, 2016 8:59PMFin: Some kinda Nazi handgun I bet =/
June 10, 2016 8:59PMSnow: you can't
Claire Newcombe eyes the gun, but this is something that seems to calm her. Mage magic is hard for her to get a hold of...but guns are very, very easy.
June 10, 2016 9:00PMFin: You can't dispel a shield?
June 10, 2016 9:00PMLazarus: in 2E you don't have to cast them
you just have 'em
June 10, 2016 9:00PMSnow: they aren't spells
like mage sight
June 10, 2016 9:01PMFin: Really? how did I miss this... page number?
June 10, 2016 9:01PMSnow: attainments
June 10, 2016 9:01PMElijah Craig: How does one typically pierce them?
June 10, 2016 9:01PMFin: Got it.
June 10, 2016 9:02PMLazarus: Forces Armor applies the mage’s full Forces rating as general
armor, applicable against all damaging physical attacks and the
automatic damage from fire and electricity. It has no effect on
mental or psychic attacks.
You can go around it.
It won't go away.
Claire Newcombe begins to mouth words. If there are any lipreaders in the room, they might tell that she's inviting the attention of Fate and invoking the contract that makes it her bitch.
June 10, 2016 9:03PMLazarus: (that's a two-dot attainmet, so you have it too, I believe)
June 10, 2016 9:03PMClaire Newcombe: (waiting my turn, just setting up my emote)
June 10, 2016 9:03PMLazarus: (er, no, three-dot)
June 10, 2016 9:03PMSnow: 2
June 10, 2016 9:03PMLazarus: (I was right the first time, two-dot attainment. So sorry to confuse, I'm confusing myself)
(after session tonight how about I go over all the odds and ends you guys might not be aware you have)
June 10, 2016 9:04PMClaire Newcombe: (sounds good!)
June 10, 2016 9:04PMLazarus: sounds good, Claire
June 10, 2016 9:05PMElijah Craig: Sorry >> Going over my options.
June 10, 2016 9:05PMLazarus: all good
(Incidentally, Sam, if you have space 3 with space armor you can apply defense to firearms attacks, and add space rating to defense)
(or well, space 2, too!)
Claire Newcombe 's lips might be hard to read, as she -is- a pouty doll right now....
June 10, 2016 9:06PMFin: (I saw! It's neat. But, per the book, you do have to turn it ON for 1 mana per scene.)
June 10, 2016 9:06PMFlare: (Well, if nothing changes before now and when slug-butt here gets around to having a turn, I know what I'm gonna do. lol)
June 10, 2016 9:07PMElijah Craig: Damn it, I'll just shoot again
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
7
+
1
+
4
+
5
+
6
)
}
=
0 Successes
Guns aren't great against mages, guys
June 10, 2016 9:07PMSnow: nonsense
June 10, 2016 9:08PMLazarus: Again, the bullet just ricochets away.
The other you, for his part, just can't stop staring at you.
"Why did they make you smell like bad craft beer?"
Claire, you're up
June 10, 2016 9:10PMClaire Newcombe: (fuck, I just realized I have no glamour)
June 10, 2016 9:10PMLazarus: (Oh no)
June 10, 2016 9:10PMClaire Newcombe: (oh shit, nvm they changed it in 2e)
June 10, 2016 9:10PMFin: Yeah that was an interesting play
June 10, 2016 9:10PMClaire Newcombe: (It used to be a full Glamour dump, but now it's just 1 Glamour)
June 10, 2016 9:11PMLazarus: (That's way better for the effect)
June 10, 2016 9:11PMFin: huzzah!
Claire Newcombe stares coolly at Nerdier-Elijah as she brings her right hand to her lips and blows a kiss. Fate has soured on this motherfucker and his next action is going to be rather unlucky. (Fickle Fate: -2 dice)
June 10, 2016 9:12PMLazarus: He has no idea what you've done, of course, though you do catch his attention.
"I... what? How is that... what?"
He boggles between thte two of you, gun raised.
"How was that even vaguely appropriate to this situation?"
Flare.
June 10, 2016 9:12PMFin: (I like Claire's combat style so far. Get naked and blow kisses.)
Elijah Craig scoff.
June 10, 2016 9:13PMElijah Craig: "Come on man, figure it out. It's just embarrassing to us both."
June 10, 2016 9:13PMClaire Newcombe: "That wasn't -to- you. That's to Fate, for what She'll do to you."
June 10, 2016 9:13PMElijah Craig: "Did the indoctrination rot your brain?"
June 10, 2016 9:14PMClaire Newcombe: (Were we allowed to use our 4 xp yet?)
June 10, 2016 9:14PMLazarus: (Whenever you like)
June 10, 2016 9:14PMSnow: (we had 4 xp?)
June 10, 2016 9:14PMLazarus: (Though it was 2 >>)
June 10, 2016 9:14PMFin: (Wait we have 4? I thought we had 2.)
June 10, 2016 9:14PMFlare:
rolling {8d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
3
+
8
+
2
+
1
+
2
+
3
+
2
)
}
=
2 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:14PMClaire Newcombe: (I asked Mika and he said 4. I thought it was 2 as well)
June 10, 2016 9:16PMFlare: As Not-Elijah grips the handle of his gun, it begins to... crumble, like it was made of old cheese instead of steel
June 10, 2016 9:16PMLazarus: "What the..." He tosses the thing away, which doesn't help much-- it shatters as it hits tthe carpet, falling apart.
THen he looks over at Flare, squinting.
"...Of course. Fucking Banishers. I should have realized."
Fin, you're up
June 10, 2016 9:17PMFin: I am going to incognito Claire.
Will use the 1 reach to make it so he has to use active mage sight to find her
(And, hey, hopefully he still can't see me.)
June 10, 2016 9:19PMLazarus: Makes sense to me.
He is somewhat distracted at the moment!
June 10, 2016 9:19PMFin: And I'll use high speech, since, whatever. He'll know I'm a mage!
I can do that right, and it still be a one-turn spell?
June 10, 2016 9:20PM (From Claire Newcombe): Sorry hun, Mika and I are trying to figure out how much Glamour I start with.
June 10, 2016 9:20PMLazarus: You can.
June 10, 2016 9:20PM (To Claire Newcombe): no problemo
June 10, 2016 9:20PMFin:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
3
+
2
+
2
+
3
+
7
)
}
=
0 Successes
and willpower -.-
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
5
+
4
+
3
+
9
+
6
)
}
=
2 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:21PMFlare: For the record, Flare's nimbus is about as subtle and sensical as her hair. It literally looks like a swirl of rainbow-colored cartoon ghosts around her.
Fin lets loose a spell, and her nimbus flares, all dark and disturbing, like being alone in a dark alley with a shadow lurking just around the corner... A nimbus that fake-Elijah hopefully won't notice!
June 10, 2016 9:22PMFlare: Once it fades away, however, she slides slowly to the side, so she is no longer standing where he would have focused, just in case.
June 10, 2016 9:22PMFin: "Claire, you hear me girl? Talk quiet, stay still, he'll forget you're here."
June 10, 2016 9:22PMLazarus: His focus is fully on Flare and Elijah, now.
Fin will also move over towards Claire, getting close enough to lay a hand on her dolly shoulder.
June 10, 2016 9:22PMLazarus: Snow, you're back up
Snow hums to herself as she pulls a rifle from the duffel bag, mental attempting to make herself luckier
Claire Newcombe murmurs to Fin "Okay, sure thing. I'm talking to Fate now - She'll do whatever I command next. Who should I help?"
June 10, 2016 9:24PMElijah Craig: Snow's going to prove me wrong, I see
June 10, 2016 9:24PM (From Claire Newcombe): I thought it was 2 glamour and I was fucked. Mika says it's 10 x_x We might win this!
June 10, 2016 9:25PMSnow: going to exceptional luck myself to give me a boon. have 4 free reach, 1 on duration to scene, 1 on casting duration, and then 2 on potency for 3 rolls this scene at 9 again
June 10, 2016 9:25PMLazarus: Very good
June 10, 2016 9:25PMSnow:
rolling {9d10!>10}>8
{
(
4
+
4
+
5
+
2
+
4
+
6
+
7
+
6
+
10
+
3
)
}
=
1 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:25PMElijah Craig: Oh x_x
June 10, 2016 9:25PMLazarus: hey, that'll do.
Snow slides a bullet into the chamber, still humming to herself
June 10, 2016 9:26PMFin: You should let your dice know that you're making yourself lucky.
June 10, 2016 9:26PMSnow: just need the one success
(still didn't use my rote roll, btw)
June 10, 2016 9:26PMFin: "Why don't you ask Fate if she can help Snow Bunny's aim? Now, c'mon, move real slow, let's get into the bedroom..."
Snow crosses her legs on the couch, and rests the rifle on it, towards fake Elijah
June 10, 2016 9:27PMLazarus: Elijah's next, as Snow buffs herself up for that one 10 damage shot
June 10, 2016 9:27PMFin: (Just so I'm not mistaken, Rend Friction allows you to still move if you do it slow, yes?)
June 10, 2016 9:27PMLazarus: (If she moves more than 3 yards in a turn she'll take damage)
(so, yes)
June 10, 2016 9:27PMFin: (Sweet. I mean, I imagine after Elijah's warning to stay still, she can probably feel when she's starting to go too fast.)
Claire Newcombe edges carefully towards the bedroom.
June 10, 2016 9:28PMLazarus: You can -feel- the air against your skin, Claire
Like needles suspended all around you.
June 10, 2016 9:29PMElijah Craig: Would his shield protect against me grappling with him?
June 10, 2016 9:29PMLazarus: nope, itdoesn't do anything for his defense
just armor
makes it hard to damage him, not to hit/grab him
June 10, 2016 9:30PMElijah Craig: Then I'll grapple with him. Str + brawl - defense
June 10, 2016 9:30PMLazarus: defense is identical to yours.
June 10, 2016 9:31PMElijah Craig:
rolling {2d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
5
)
}
=
0 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:31PMLazarus: You are remarkably well matched.
It also seems like he probably did not recently take any cocaine.
June 10, 2016 9:31PMSnow: he knows all your moves
June 10, 2016 9:31PMLazarus: So his reflexes are outpacing yours a bit.
He's up next, as he slides around you and you see his nimbus flare again
-2 to the roll
rolling {4d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
8
+
7
+
6
+
3
)
}
=
2 Successes
As you watch, something forms in his hand--
a long, shimmering knife. It's immediately attractive to your eye in particular, Elijah.
June 10, 2016 9:32PMLazarus: The platonic ideal of a murder weapon.
Forged from tass.
June 10, 2016 9:33PMElijah Craig: Hard to trace
June 10, 2016 9:33PMLazarus: He lunges forward with it.
June 10, 2016 9:33PMElijah Craig: Def 3
June 10, 2016 9:33PMSnow: yo might wanna spend that mana
June 10, 2016 9:33PMLazarus:
rolling {3d10!>10}>8
{
(
9
+
10
+
10
+
6
+
7
)
}
=
3 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:34PMElijah Craig: What for?
June 10, 2016 9:34PMFin: turn your shield on :P
June 10, 2016 9:34PMSnow: mage armor
June 10, 2016 9:34PMLazarus: yeah, turn on your mage armor, you can do that reflexively for a mana
June 10, 2016 9:34PMElijah Craig: Oh, I see. Yeah I'll do that
June 10, 2016 9:34PMLazarus: take 4 lethal damage - your armor rating
June 10, 2016 9:35PMElijah Craig: Sounds familiar
June 10, 2016 9:35PMFin: Also, are we sure elijah is having platonic feelings about that knife?
June 10, 2016 9:35PMLazarus: it's hard not to, it's made from primme
it simply IS the platonic ideal of a knife, okay
that's just True
How much did you take, Elijah?
I don't have access to your sheet anymore.
It moved private or somethin
June 10, 2016 9:36PMElijah Craig: Shield deflected 4, right?
June 10, 2016 9:36PMSnow: its based on your force dots
June 10, 2016 9:36PMLazarus: shield deflects your Forces rating
He, apparently, has Forces 4
June 10, 2016 9:36PMElijah Craig: Ah, then I take 1 lethal
June 10, 2016 9:36PMLazarus: ahh, there you go then
June 10, 2016 9:37PMElijah Craig: Checking on that character sheet
June 10, 2016 9:37PMLazarus: The knife nicks you then, drawing blood.
"Who are you really? What was the point of this farce?"
"No one would believe you were Eli Lazarus."
"You look like you live beneath a bridge."
Claire, you're up.
June 10, 2016 9:37PMElijah Craig: I whisper back to him his sympathetic name.
June 10, 2016 9:37PMLazarus: He stops dead at that.
June 10, 2016 9:38PMElijah Craig: Well, our sympathetic name
June 10, 2016 9:38PMFin: "Oh fuck... Snow Bunny hurry the fuck up!" whispers out Fin.
June 10, 2016 9:38PMElijah Craig: "Lazarus, really?"
June 10, 2016 9:39PMLazarus: "I don't know who the fuck you are, but you're going to tell me before I kill you."
Claire Newcombe bestows the powers of Beneficient Fate on Snow to make her next instant action an automatic success while she herself edges cautiously towards the bedroom.
June 10, 2016 9:39PMElijah Craig: "You wouldn't believe me but you should have a good look at my Nimbus."
June 10, 2016 9:40PMLazarus: aaand Flare is still in the restroom, so Fin can go next
June 10, 2016 9:40PMSnow: (give it to elijah. I'm good)
June 10, 2016 9:40PMElijah Craig: I keep expecting you to ask for a Sanity check from me.
Claire Newcombe bestows it on whomever needs it most - apparently Elijah.
June 10, 2016 9:41PMLazarus: give it time.
Fin?
June 10, 2016 9:41PMFin: Reading!
I'm going to drop a ward.
On the area.
June 10, 2016 9:42PMLazarus: what shall this ward do
June 10, 2016 9:42PMFin: Just a ward? Against Space.
June 10, 2016 9:43PMLazarus: Gotcha.
there are other kinds of wards in other arcana
June 10, 2016 9:43PMFlare: (I am back now, btw, but go ahead and go as I have no idea what to do next XD )
June 10, 2016 9:43PMFin: With the hope that Snow kills him and whatever happens when he dies can be suppressed.
June 10, 2016 9:43PMLazarus: cast on
June 10, 2016 9:44PMFin: Okay, reach on size of area. Then -2 for increased potency 1. It'll be potency 4, I believe? Or 3? Space 3.
Actually scratch that, I'm low on willpower :P
Just make it cover the apartment
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
8
+
6
+
4
+
8
+
8
+
6
)
}
=
3 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:44PMLazarus: That'll more than do it.
You lay down the dampeners and pray no stormtroopers are coming.
Flarey Flare
Fin casts again, another flare of that unsettling, heart-rate elevating nimbus. She then takes Claire's hand, and steps through the door into the bedroom, moving at whatever pace Claire sets.
June 10, 2016 9:47PMFin: "You all right? Not sure what the fuck he did to you."
"Or... what you did to you... but we'll save that for when this mother fucker's dead."
June 10, 2016 9:48PMClaire Newcombe: "Fine. The air's just harder to breathe is all."
Claire Newcombe turns her face away and brings a hand up to cover it.
June 10, 2016 9:48PMClaire Newcombe: "Yeah, it's best to not look right now."
June 10, 2016 9:50PMFin: "Ain't nothin'. Just we gonna have a talk about it later."
Snow hums "pop goes the weasel"
June 10, 2016 9:51PMFin: Claire might notice that Fin is definitely not looking at her, except when it's necessary to movement. But that's probably because she's so focused on Fake Eli! And not on avoiding doll-face.
Flare purses her lips, and with no idea what else to do at this point, she fires her pistol at him, figuring that, if nothing else, it will at least divide his attention more
June 10, 2016 9:51PMClaire Newcombe: (Sorry I'm kinda useless right now. 1e contracts suck and I didn't have access to 2e ones...will switch around after)
June 10, 2016 9:52PMLazarus: (The fate stuff's useful! Just nott super obvious)
June 10, 2016 9:53PMFlare:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
2
+
9
+
6
+
5
+
10
+
1
)
}
=
2 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:53PMFin: (Sorry, thought you were using 1E on purpose.)
June 10, 2016 9:53PMLazarus: Your aim's on pointtt, Flare, but your handgun seems incapable of piercing his shield--
The bullet just ricochets away at the last moment.
we're back up to Snow.
Snow takes aim and fires with the rifle.
June 10, 2016 9:54PMSnow: +wp, using the rote, using the 9 again
rolling {11d10!>9}>8
{
(
4
+
8
+
10
+
3
+
9
+
8
+
9
+
10
+
7
+
9
+
1
+
8
+
3
+
3
+
8
+
5
)
}
=
9 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:54PMLazarus: WELP
June 10, 2016 9:54PMFin: Ow my ears.
June 10, 2016 9:55PMFlare: bang...boom
June 10, 2016 9:55PMSnow:
rolling {4d10!>9}>8
{
(
3
+
7
+
7
+
8
)
}
=
1 Successes
June 10, 2016 9:55PMLazarus: how much damage are we looking att after 4 armor
you don't roll damage
June 10, 2016 9:55PMClaire Newcombe: (your frickin ears?)
June 10, 2016 9:55PMLazarus: it's fixed, we were wrong
June 10, 2016 9:55PMSnow: that's the rote
June 10, 2016 9:55PMLazarus: oh
June 10, 2016 9:55PMSnow: rifle is 4 damage
June 10, 2016 9:55PMFin: so, 9 lethal.
June 10, 2016 9:55PMSnow: "pop"
June 10, 2016 9:55PMElijah Craig: My Health is 8
June 10, 2016 9:55PMLazarus: The man drops as the bullet takes him in the neck.
He appears to be dead.
June 10, 2016 9:55PMFin: (armor also only drops down to bashing. So 9 lethal + 1 bashing >.>)
Is it silenced in any way, Snow?
June 10, 2016 9:56PMElijah Craig: Anyone take care of the uh, sound?
June 10, 2016 9:56PMSnow: unfortunately, no
June 10, 2016 9:56PMFin: That's your job, man :P
Elijah Craig blinks as he's suddenly splattered with blood.
June 10, 2016 9:56PMJessica (GM): The shot is deafening in the enclosed space.
June 10, 2016 9:57PMFlare: "Given the amount of surveilance and the multiple gunshots, I think we better make tracks. You okay, Claire?" She looks to Claire, seeming quite unphased by her change in appearance, except maybe curiosity
June 10, 2016 9:57PMFin: "Ho!... fuck..."
June 10, 2016 9:57PMJessica (GM): Claire, you're no longer slowed.
Fin starts poking at her ears.
Claire Newcombe has her hands up, hovering over her ears
June 10, 2016 9:57PMFin: Jess, before fake-Lazarus is dead-dead... can I mental scan?
June 10, 2016 9:57PMClaire Newcombe: "Destroy...his...phone."
June 10, 2016 9:58PMJessica (GM): He's... dead dead already, Fin. Guy went fast, damn.
June 10, 2016 9:58PMFin: Dammit.
"Fuck Snow Bunny why you gotta hit him in head? Fucking god damn shot him in the fucking heart next time!" Fin says. And Fin might be talking loudly.
Claire Newcombe speaks loudly
June 10, 2016 9:59PMFlare: ("Bullet in the brainpan SQUISH!")
June 10, 2016 9:59PMClaire Newcombe: "ANYONE NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION?"
Elijah Craig hears nothing but a ringing in his ears as he drops Lazarus' corpse, his gun falling on the ground as well. He looks pale as a ghost, and yes, like he's definitely in a shock.
June 10, 2016 9:59PMSnow: "So. We're probably going to be seeing other versions of ourselves here."
June 10, 2016 9:59PMElijah Craig: Also, he's bleeding from his side but the shock has nothing to do with that.
June 10, 2016 9:59PMJessica (GM): You hear a siren.
You hear...
A lot of sirens.
Claire Newcombe takes off to the kitchen.
June 10, 2016 9:59PMSnow: "If its anything like him they might not be nice people."
"We also might want to fucking run."
Snow tosses the still smoking gun in the duffel and hefts it.
June 10, 2016 10:00PMJessica (GM): Elijah.
Claire Newcombe flings open the freezer door and opens up a freezer-burnt can of orange juice concentrate. It should be full of whatever passes for cash in this world.
June 10, 2016 10:00PMJessica (GM): Gonna need a breaking poitn from you.
You just watched yourself die.
June 10, 2016 10:00PMSnow: .... his next roll is an automatic success
June 10, 2016 10:01PMElijah Craig: What do you require?
hahah
June 10, 2016 10:01PMClaire Newcombe: (hahahahaha)
June 10, 2016 10:01PMJessica (GM): hahaha
Fin heads over to the dead man, and is quick to grab his phone. Oh, and while she's at it? Maybe grab a tissue and wipe up a spec of Elijah blood. For reasons.
June 10, 2016 10:01PMJessica (GM): you automatically succeed so you won't be dropping wisdom.
But you will pick up
Shaken
Claire Newcombe grabs the cash and goes back to the front closet to grab a hooded sweater. She pulls it up over her hair so it obscures half of her face.
June 10, 2016 10:02PMSnow: (oh god, what do I pick up for my ill-gotten double exceptional success?)
June 10, 2016 10:02PMJessica (GM): Something has severely frightened your character. Any time
your character is taking an action where that fear might hinder
her, you may opt to fail the roll and resolve this Condition. This
Condition can be imposed by undergoing a breaking point roll.
Resolution: The character gives into her fear and fails a roll
as described above.
June 10, 2016 10:02PMJessica (GM): (Snow, you'll pick up this:
Rampant
Your character is reckless and forceful with her magic. She
will not hesitate to use it to solve any minor problem. If your
character has a reasonable magical solution to a problem, to
use a mundane solution requires a point of Willpower. This
June 10, 2016 10:03PMJessica (GM): Willpower does not add to the dice roll. As well, she gains a
“Wield Magic Indiscriminately” Obsession that replaces one of
her current Obsessions so long as she maintains this Condition.
Resolution: Suffer a Paradox.
It worked out really well!
magic is so great.
June 10, 2016 10:03PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm so sorry...I thought it would -scare- him."
Claire Newcombe is muttering to herself, upset.
June 10, 2016 10:04PMFin: Jess, while I'm looting. Anything else in this guys pockets?
And then, after that, does it look like there's a way to pop the battery out of his spacephone?
June 10, 2016 10:04PMJessica (GM): Wallet, set of keys, including one that looks kinda funny-- long and flat.
June 10, 2016 10:05PMClaire Newcombe: (I didn't happen to open a door into the Hedge by dropping my Mask, did I?)
June 10, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): Yeah, you can pull the battery, just have to take off the backplate tto get at it.
(You did not, this time Claire)
June 10, 2016 10:05PMElijah Craig: Is Claire still affected by the friction spell?
June 10, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): no
June 10, 2016 10:05PMSnow: :/
June 10, 2016 10:05PMElijah Craig: Okay
June 10, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): Other things on Eli Lazarus here, let's see
June 10, 2016 10:05PMFlare: "By looking like a porcelain doll? I don't know about where you're from, doll, but that's not normally seen as scary..."
June 10, 2016 10:05PMJessica (GM): Some kinda lead ring.
Ugly thing.
Claire Newcombe smiles faintly, somewhat encouraged by that.
June 10, 2016 10:06PMFlare: (Claire also receives the condition New Nickname ;) )
June 10, 2016 10:06PMClaire Newcombe: (awww *heart)
June 10, 2016 10:06PMFin: "Yeah, like... ain't nothing to worry about. You just do see how nasty we look when we do what we do." Because, well, at least Fin has a scary nimbus.
June 10, 2016 10:06PMJessica (GM): The sirens are getting closer.
Your tv cuts on.
June 10, 2016 10:07PMSnow: I'm not quite following that condition.
June 10, 2016 10:07PMJessica (GM): "This is a warning from the Emergency Broadcast System."
Claire Newcombe nearly jumps out of her skin.
June 10, 2016 10:07PMJessica (GM): (Basically, Snow, your fate-enhancing spells very smoothly solved this problem, and plainly magic can solve any problem)
(is this untrue)
June 10, 2016 10:08PMFin: "Anyone wanna start a fire or some shit?"
Fin pops the battery out of the phone, if there is one. Pockets the rest of the junk.
June 10, 2016 10:08PMFlare: "Guys, we need to beat it with a quickness... we can chitchat later."
Elijah Craig closes his eyes and breathes in and out deeply, drawing on his training. Pushing the feelings... aside, to be dealt with at a more opportune moment.
Claire Newcombe looks around at the place, suddenly anxious.
June 10, 2016 10:08PMClaire Newcombe: "Oh god, poor Claire...."
June 10, 2016 10:08PMSnow: (yes? I mean I thought this was specifically the thing that the adamantine arrow does?)
June 10, 2016 10:09PMJessica (GM): (Okay, I'll give you a different condition if you are annoyed with that condition)
(Sorry, I thought it would be flavorful and interesting)
June 10, 2016 10:09PMElijah Craig: I use Willpower to adopt my Masque. Think it would allow me to work around the Shaken condition for now?
June 10, 2016 10:10PMJessica (GM): (They all gnerate beats)
June 10, 2016 10:10PMSnow: (ok)
June 10, 2016 10:10PMJessica (GM): You can be Steadfast instead
Your character is confident and resolved. When you’ve failed
a roll, you may choose to resolve this Condition to instead treat
the action as if you’d rolled a single success. If the roll is a chance
die, you may choose to resolve this Condition and roll a single
regular die instead.
June 10, 2016 10:10PMJessica (GM): Resolution: Your character’s confidence carries him through
and the worst is avoided; the Condition is resolved as described
above.
Beat: n/a
June 10, 2016 10:10PMElijah Craig: Flipping my Virtue/Vice from Loyal/Paranoid to Patient/Violent.
June 10, 2016 10:10PMClaire Newcombe: "I know where to go, but we have to get out -now-"
June 10, 2016 10:11PMFin: "Someone? Anyone? Start a fire? Got a plan? If not I'll cloak us again and we can go out the back door."
Elijah Craig picks up his gun, eerily calm now.
June 10, 2016 10:11PMClaire Newcombe: "We'll go to my Freehold. The Queen of Spring can help us."
June 10, 2016 10:11PMElijah Craig: "Where do we go, Claire?"
June 10, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): "Claire Newcombe, 24, of..."
The voice rattles off your exact address and where you work.
Flare motions to Claire, ready to follow
Elijah Craig shoots the TV.
June 10, 2016 10:11PMJessica (GM): It goes dark.
June 10, 2016 10:11PMElijah Craig: "Okay, how do we get to the Freehold?"
Flare raises a brow at Elijah, but doesn't comment
June 10, 2016 10:12PMSnow: "where, how?"
Claire Newcombe will lead them out of the building by the stairs if they're ready.
June 10, 2016 10:12PMClaire Newcombe: "Not outloud. Just follow."
June 10, 2016 10:12PMFin: "Man what the fuck! Gonna get fucking tin... tin whatever the fuck it is..."
June 10, 2016 10:13PMJessica (GM): The cameras are everywhere, out in the halls.
June 10, 2016 10:13PMElijah Craig: "Let's go then."
Elijah Craig fries them with Magic
Fin finishes rolling the dude, then heads for the door.
June 10, 2016 10:13PMFin: (Claire and I might should still be cloaked. No idea if it works on cameras.)
(Or I should say, over a feed)
June 10, 2016 10:14PMFlare: (I actually have one specifically for cameras and such)
June 10, 2016 10:14PMJessica (GM): (Yeah, won't work digitally)
June 10, 2016 10:14PMFlare: (not sure if it works on a group or just one person though)
You can probably expand reach on it to cover the group
no worries
Claire Newcombe bolts down the stairs, taking them 3 or 4 at a time.
June 10, 2016 10:15PMJessica (GM): Machine Invisibility
June 10, 2016 10:15PMElijah Craig: That works
June 10, 2016 10:15PMFlare:
rolling {6d10!>10}>8
{
(
10
+
10
+
10
+
7
+
2
+
7
+
5
+
7
+
4
)
}
=
3 Successes
June 10, 2016 10:15PMJessica (GM): Yeah.
You guys are handily cloaked under a veil of Matter
invisible to the cameras.
June 10, 2016 10:16PMFin: "Cee, pump the breaks for just a second! Slow down! We gotta... just slow down!"
Claire Newcombe stops on the landing and whirls around.
Claire Newcombe 's hood is still down over half of her face.
June 10, 2016 10:16PMFin: Is Claire's mask still down?
June 10, 2016 10:16PMFlare: "We need to be -gone- when those sirens get here"
June 10, 2016 10:16PMJessica (GM): It's a new scene, so it's probably back up.
June 10, 2016 10:16PMClaire Newcombe: (yep, will be til the end of the scene)
June 10, 2016 10:16PMFin: I have no idea how/if she can put it back up.
kk
June 10, 2016 10:17PMClaire Newcombe: (Oh, sweet!)
June 10, 2016 10:17PMFin: "Aight, you good, Flare? We good?"
June 10, 2016 10:17PMJessica (GM): Holy hell tthere are a lot of police cars out there.
June 10, 2016 10:17PMFlare: "I'm good. Cameras can't see us, bee tee double-you"
June 10, 2016 10:18PMJessica (GM): SWAT vans
June 10, 2016 10:18PMElijah Craig: "I imagine there's a SWAT team inbound, so there's limited time. We want to be out of here before..."
June 10, 2016 10:18PMFin: "Go, Claire!"
June 10, 2016 10:18PMJessica (GM): Good response time.
June 10, 2016 10:18PMFin: "If we see anyone I'm cloakin' us."
Claire Newcombe runs at Fin's order.
Elijah Craig follows Claire.
June 10, 2016 10:18PMJessica (GM): You guys run through the halls.
Stairs are a good plan--
all the lights in the building go out as soon as you hit the hallway.
Cameras are stitll on, thtough.
Flare follows as well, pistol still ready in one hand, cause, we ain't out of the woods yet so to speak
June 10, 2016 10:19PMJessica (GM): For all the good they're doing.
No hope of using the elevator.
June 10, 2016 10:19PMSnow: (ok I need to go, just have me on autopilot for ~20mins)
June 10, 2016 10:19PMClaire Newcombe: "-Nobody- joke about fairy wings."
June 10, 2016 10:20PMElijah Craig: "Understood."
June 10, 2016 10:20PMFlare: "Huh?"
June 10, 2016 10:20PMFin: "You get our asses out of here ain't nobody jokin' about shit! Where the fuck we going?"
June 10, 2016 10:20PMClaire Newcombe: "Arby's."
Flare can't quite suppress an incredulous giggle at that
June 10, 2016 10:20PMFin: "Cee, girl, you fuckin' with me right now?"
Claire Newcombe just keeps running down the stairs.
June 10, 2016 10:21PMFlare: "Got a craving for roast beef, Doll?"
Flare titters again
June 10, 2016 10:21PMJessica (GM): You guys hear bits and pieces of news feed as you run down the halls, piped in on every TV and radio in the building in eerie unison.
June 10, 2016 10:22PM (From Claire Newcombe): Sorry! Didn't know where else to put the Freehold.
June 10, 2016 10:22PMFin: "Flare, you crazy. I like that."
June 10, 2016 10:22PMJessica (GM): "--Part of domestic terrorist group that calls itself 'The Banishers,' known to have ties to tthe Islamic State--"
June 10, 2016 10:22PMFlare: "When was the last time you saw someone sane with hair like this?" She winks at Fin.
June 10, 2016 10:23PMClaire Newcombe: "Banishers. I guess we're Banishers. As good a name as any."
June 10, 2016 10:23PMFin: "What do I know about white girls and their crazy hair? Every color in the rainbow."
June 10, 2016 10:23PMJessica (GM): "--As always, if you See Somehing, Say Something. Call your local--"
June 10, 2016 10:24PMElijah Craig: "They'll have the building surrounded, Claire."
June 10, 2016 10:24PMClaire Newcombe: "We're invisible, aren't we?"
June 10, 2016 10:24PMElijah Craig: "To the cameras."
June 10, 2016 10:24PMFin: "Are we going out? Cause, yeah, hold up!"
June 10, 2016 10:24PMFlare: "Banishers? Huh. I wonder if he recognized me - or rather mis-recognized me as this-world's version of me... or if it was just cause we fought back with magic..."
June 10, 2016 10:25PMElijah Craig: Oh, the pseudo invisibility? That still on?
June 10, 2016 10:25PMFin: redoing incognito
unless it's still on.
The spell write up is so wobbly.
June 10, 2016 10:25PMJessica (GM): you'll need to re-do it, yeah, new scene
Do it good
June 10, 2016 10:25PMClaire Newcombe: You can cover alll of us now.
June 10, 2016 10:25PMFin: "Cee, ear muffs."
Claire Newcombe puts her hands over the hood over her ears obediently.
June 10, 2016 10:25PMJessica (GM): Important thing with Incognito Fin would know:
June 10, 2016 10:25PMFin:
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
1
+
7
+
9
+
2
+
10
+
1
)
}
=
2 Successes
June 10, 2016 10:25PMJessica (GM): you have to act so below notice.
You can't run out tof here like crazy people, you'll be spoted in a heartbeat
You have to...
casually stroll by
Fin flares that dark nimbus again. It's like Eli's alter ego is standing just up ahead, in the dark, waiting for you.
June 10, 2016 10:26PM (From Claire Newcombe): I really hope this reality has Arby's
June 10, 2016 10:26PMElijah Craig: Can I Tune In to the police comms?
June 10, 2016 10:26PM (To Claire Newcombe): of course it does, it's a miserable evil dimension
June 10, 2016 10:27PMFin: "Aight. We good. Just act like you fit in, ok? Like, if we look kinda worried and kinda hustle, no one will see us. Less they got an army of mages down there..."
Claire Newcombe shivers despite herself and falters.
June 10, 2016 10:27PMJessica (GM): Elijah, absolutely
Forces can do that, just need to take a second to pick out the right band
June 10, 2016 10:27PMClaire Newcombe: "I'm a Changeling. We always fit in."
June 10, 2016 10:27PMFin: "Almost always."
Elijah Craig concentrates on something.
Claire Newcombe stops at the final door between them and the lobby.
June 10, 2016 10:28PMJessica (GM): Thankfully the frequencies are similar here.
Two channels running, though, Elijah--
a lot more traffic on one than the other
You want the high traffic or the lower?
Both fit a police band profile, in terms of wavelengths.
June 10, 2016 10:28PMElijah Craig: Lower first
June 10, 2016 10:28PMJessica (GM): Alright.
June 10, 2016 10:28PMElijah Craig: Probably the command channel
Fin steps up right behind Claire, and puts a hand on her back.
June 10, 2016 10:28PMJessica (GM): "Lazarus is down. Mental link confirmed multiple hostiles. Magic is definite."
June 10, 2016 10:29PMFin: "Just play it cool."
June 10, 2016 10:29PMJessica (GM): "How the fuck did you let a full cabal this far into the city, captain?"
Claire Newcombe shrugs off her sweater and folds it over her left arm.
June 10, 2016 10:29PMElijah Craig: "Heads up. There's someone on site who knows magic."
Claire Newcombe glances back to Fin and winks.
June 10, 2016 10:29PMClaire Newcombe: "I own the place."
June 10, 2016 10:29PMJessica (GM): "...I don't know, High Tribune."
something familiar about that.
June 10, 2016 10:30PMFlare: "Naw, really?" She rolls her eyes a bit, though playfully, at Elijah
June 10, 2016 10:30PMFin: "Hey, who y'all think is the uh... what'd he say? Undesirable?"
June 10, 2016 10:30PMJessica (GM): "Please rest assured we have the area locked down with the sleeper forces, and I have a full Praetorian response team en route."
"One of them warded against a direct drop-in."
June 10, 2016 10:30PMElijah Craig: "With the authorities. They know Lazarus is dead, and mages were involved."
June 10, 2016 10:31PMJessica (GM): "Fine. It's your head if this goes wrong. What about the subhuman?"
Fin finally steps right out the door, right beside Claire, like it's nothing at all.
June 10, 2016 10:31PMFin: That's all in Eli's head, I'm assuming, right?
June 10, 2016 10:31PMElijah Craig: "Okay, they cops are keeping the area locked down until their... what, magical response team gets here."
June 10, 2016 10:31PMJessica (GM): yeah.
"We've already picked up her fetch at her place of work."
"We'll see what it knows."
Elijah Craig glances at Claire but says nothing.
June 10, 2016 10:32PMElijah Craig: "We should go now."
June 10, 2016 10:32PMFlare: "Greeeaaat. Let's get out of here."
June 10, 2016 10:32PMJessica (GM): "...Cut channel." The High Tribune says, suddenly.
And it goes silent.
June 10, 2016 10:32PMFlare: "I don't think we're in any shape to fend off a full magical response team."
Claire Newcombe walks casually through the lobby towards the front door. Her head is up, her shoulders are back, and she gives off the appearance of an evacuated tenant who's been inconvenienced.
June 10, 2016 10:33PMElijah Craig: "They know I was listening. They've gone dark."
Elijah Craig tunes into the police band.
June 10, 2016 10:33PMJessica (GM): You receive a painful, high-pitched tone.
Some kind of signal jamming, they're drowning the whole band in it.
Fin just walks beside Claire, letting her get a step ahead to lead the way.
June 10, 2016 10:34PMElijah Craig: Dropping it then.
June 10, 2016 10:34PMFlare: "Shh." She slips her pistol into it's holster and follows Claire, trying to be just as nonchalant
Elijah Craig hides his gun as well.
June 10, 2016 10:34PMJessica (GM): You reach the front doors of the building.
That is a...
Lot of armed police.
Sixty, seventy men out there.
June 10, 2016 10:35PMElijah Craig: God damn.
Fin puts up her hands, showing they're empty, and keeps shuffling along.
Elijah Craig keeps his head down and hands up.
Claire Newcombe does the same as Fin. They're just evacuated tenants, that's all.
June 10, 2016 10:35PMJessica (GM): They don't pay any of you any mind.
June 10, 2016 10:36PMFlare: (Fair warning... I had to take painkillers, so forgive me if Flare gets rather strange. Well, strange-ER lol )
June 10, 2016 10:36PMClaire Newcombe: (Of course, we get it)
June 10, 2016 10:36PMFin: "See... ain't nothin' at all. Now you gonna buy me a sandwich, dolly?"
(We'll call it 'method acting')
June 10, 2016 10:37PMJessica (GM): As you slowly clear the blockade.
June 10, 2016 10:37PMClaire Newcombe: "And a bottomless Dr. Pepper."
June 10, 2016 10:37PMFlare: (haha)
June 10, 2016 10:37PMJessica (GM): You see a plain black sedan pull up, rolling over the curb tto the doors you left behind.
Four men in plain suits step out and just...
Push intot the building.
No one hassles them.
Claire Newcombe winces at the sight of them but turns her attention to their path. TO ARBY'S.
June 10, 2016 10:37PMElijah Craig: Was one of them the driver?
June 10, 2016 10:38PMJessica (GM): Yes.
June 10, 2016 10:38PMElijah Craig: Who wants a car?
June 10, 2016 10:38PMJessica (GM): That might be slightly less than inconspicuous.
June 10, 2016 10:38PMFlare: probablly a Bad Idea
June 10, 2016 10:38PMFin: Eli is the most insane.
June 10, 2016 10:38PMElijah Craig: I wish I could justify it :)
As it is the most awesome course of action
June 10, 2016 10:39PMJessica (GM): Wistful, you make your way down the block, rounding a corner as quick as you can.
June 10, 2016 10:39PMFlare: It's on the OTHER SIDE of the 70+ armed police we just snuck past...
June 10, 2016 10:39PMJessica (GM): And soon enough you clear the police blockade lines, set nearly two blocks back at least in this direction.
Breathe.
You're still alive.
Claire Newcombe 's heart slows down from its jackhammer pace.
June 10, 2016 10:40PMFin: "Yeah, so, that was pretty good..."
"I'd like to take a moment to award our very own Snow Bunny with bad bitch of the year award, compliments of turning alternate-Elijah's brain into stew."
June 10, 2016 10:40PMElijah Craig: "Impressive, even."
June 10, 2016 10:41PMFin: "With, uh, hey Eli... bruh... how you feeling about that?"
June 10, 2016 10:41PMFlare: "More like Snow Plow." Grin!
June 10, 2016 10:41PMElijah Craig: "Don't worry about it. We should get to this diner."
Elijah Craig brushes the subject away a little too brusquely
Claire Newcombe 's expression is grim as they walk. She shuffles ahead at a brisk pace.
June 10, 2016 10:41PMFlare: "....diner? You ever been to an Arby's, Elijah?"
June 10, 2016 10:42PMFin: "Yeah, my man, you are about to be sorely disappointed."
June 10, 2016 10:42PMFlare: (hangs head Arby's is my favorite drive-thru/fast food... lol)
June 10, 2016 10:42PMJessica (GM): Be grateful for the machine invisibility. Life in the city in some ways seems... pretty familiar.
But the drone cameras are everywhere.
Flitting around like familiar insects overhead
June 10, 2016 10:42PMFin: (I'm going to snickerfit if Mika's never been to an Arby's.)
June 10, 2016 10:42PMClaire Newcombe: (He's been)
June 10, 2016 10:43PMElijah Craig: To drivethrough!
June 10, 2016 10:43PMFin: (Ahh)
June 10, 2016 10:43PMJessica (GM): You're also grateful to remain Incognito.
As you see high-res pictures of Claire's face popping up on billboards.
Alongside Flare's, also high-res.
And... grainier pictures of the rest of you
The rest of you are clearly pulled from what scant shots they got of you on the security cameras a few minutes ago.
Flare's is different.
June 10, 2016 10:44PMFin: "Well. Guess that answers who the undesirable is..."
June 10, 2016 10:44PMFlare: "Wha... how'd they get that pic of me?"
June 10, 2016 10:44PMJessica (GM): Though her hair isn't all crazy here.
Head's shaved.
June 10, 2016 10:44PMFlare: (Scratch that)
June 10, 2016 10:44PMFin: "Think you're a big bad freedom fighter in Drumpf Chicago, Flare."
June 10, 2016 10:44PMClaire Newcombe: "I guess you're a militant revolutionary."
"I guess that makes -you- Mockingjay."
June 10, 2016 10:45PMFlare: "Oh damn. I was afraid of that. Yeah, he -recognized- me. This-me is a Banisher."
June 10, 2016 10:45PMFin: "Well. That might be good for us."
June 10, 2016 10:45PMFlare: "Banishers are like... well, yeah. Use magic to try to destroy magic kinda thing." This, obviously, to Claire by way of explaination.
June 10, 2016 10:46PMSnow: (back, reading up)
June 10, 2016 10:46PMFlare: "I wasn't too far from it when I got found and rescued by the Consilliium."
(yay for $3 keyboard... I swear I'mma trash this thing as soon as we get my laptop back)
June 10, 2016 10:47PMJessica (GM): Elsewhere, propaganda posters are elsewhere
THE MINISTRIES KEEP US SAFE
June 10, 2016 10:48PMFin: (Wait, are banishers something I should know?)
June 10, 2016 10:48PMJessica (GM): SEE SOMETHING? SAY SOMETHING. BECOME AN INFORMANT TODAY
(yes)
(Banishers are self-loathing mages who seek the death of their own kind)
June 10, 2016 10:48PMFlare: (Yah, magies should recognize it)
June 10, 2016 10:48PMFin: (Oh, lovely.)
June 10, 2016 10:48PMJessica (GM): (and if they're what passes for 'resistance' here, well)
June 10, 2016 10:48PMFlare: (They're like an entire sect of Angels (aka from Buffy)
June 10, 2016 10:49PMJessica (GM): (this reality isn't looking so great for the Pentacle)
June 10, 2016 10:49PMFin: "Aight, so, Other-Flare is a terrorist. Other-Elijah was a fed. Other-Claire is just as cute an' killin' it sellin' Gucci. What do you think Other-Snow and Other-Fin are up to?"
(THanks!)
June 10, 2016 10:50PMElijah Craig: "You could find out. You have inherent Sympathy to yourselves. Not sure I'd recommend it, though."
June 10, 2016 10:50PMFin: "How do you know?"
June 10, 2016 10:50PMElijah Craig: "You know your names."
June 10, 2016 10:50PMFin: Jess, any chance we pass any kind of newspaper machines? You know, the coin ones.
"Oh. Yeah, well, yeah."
June 10, 2016 10:51PMJessica (GM): Print's dead, girl. But, yeah, you do
June 10, 2016 10:51PMElijah Craig: How big of a project would it be to cast Supernal Veil and Cloak Nimbus on all of us?
For an extended period
Flare slows down as we pass one particularly close screen showing her other-image. Of all things, a tear slips down her cheek as she looks into the nearly-identical-but-not eyes of the other-self.
Snow closes her eyes and focuses on the strands of fate
June 10, 2016 10:52PMJessica (GM): you'd probably need enough reach to risk some paradox
otherwise not that time-consuming
June 10, 2016 10:52PMElijah Craig: Hey, not our universe. What do I care if it's consumed by the abyss? >>
June 10, 2016 10:52PMFlare: (wait wait, hold on a sec before you do that)
June 10, 2016 10:52PMJessica (GM): May not wanna do it in the road, given that
Fin, damn, these headlines
June 10, 2016 10:53PMFlare: (I need to reread somethin)
June 10, 2016 10:53PMJessica (GM): PRESIDENT CHENEY MAKES WAVES IN CALIFORNIA PRIMARY - UNPRECEDENTED THIRD TERM SEEMS INEVITABLE
June 10, 2016 10:53PMFin: 1 reach for all of us. 1 reach to advanced duration. Then -2 for making it last a day... -4 for a week. Shouldn't actually be too bad?
June 10, 2016 10:53PMJessica (GM): COLD WAR REIGNITED? RUSSIA SIGNS TREATY WITH ISIL GOVERNMENT
June 10, 2016 10:53PMFin: "What the fuck... President Cheney?!"
June 10, 2016 10:53PMElijah Craig: Okay, new mission guys.
June 10, 2016 10:53PMFin: The date, Jess?
"Drumpf America is bullshit. I swear to God..."
June 10, 2016 10:54PMFlare: (damn nevermind. It only works on corpses or minor details on the living XD _
June 10, 2016 10:54PMJessica (GM): June 9th, 2016
June 10, 2016 10:54PMElijah Craig: I will not say it, because it would flag us up at the NSA.
June 10, 2016 10:54PMSnow: destroy dick cheney's horocruxes
June 10, 2016 10:54PMFin: (Oh, while we're on the topic... I'm going to be very late and/or miss our July 1 game. I'll be at the ATF.)
June 10, 2016 10:55PMFlare: roflmao
June 10, 2016 10:55PMClaire Newcombe: (Sean bursts in like the Kool-Aid Man with a brilliant reference for the win)
June 10, 2016 10:55PMFlare: He has toomany to destroy them all
June 10, 2016 10:55PMJessica (GM): CLEANUP EFFORTS CONTINUE IN NORTH KOREA-- FALLOUT DEEMED 'MANAGEABLE,' SAY EXPERTS
Claire Newcombe 's expression doesn't change. She's not really new to this kinda thing.
June 10, 2016 10:55PMElijah Craig: "Things didn't go well in this timeline."
June 10, 2016 10:56PMFin: "Yeah, uh... look at this. Someone nuked North Korea."
June 10, 2016 10:56PMSnow: keep feeling like Snow should have some sort of special insight into alternate timelines due to her arcanas.
like guinan!
June 10, 2016 10:56PMJessica (GM): probably could, we just have to sit down and work out he improvisational spellcasttin'
June 10, 2016 10:56PMFlare: "Yah think?" She just motions around them vaguely. She seems oddly subdued, for her at least. (It would probably look perky on anyone else >.>)
June 10, 2016 10:57PMJessica (GM): You see the beacon, Claire.
The lit plastic denoting an Arby's
June 10, 2016 10:57PMClaire Newcombe: "Right up there."
June 10, 2016 10:58PMElijah Craig: Can I check with Sacred Geometry?
June 10, 2016 10:58PMJessica (GM): Of course.
June 10, 2016 10:59PMElijah Craig: I'm curious if these Changeling portals correspond with ley lines.
June 10, 2016 10:59PMFlare: (So are all Arby's Freeholds or is this just coincidentally the closest one? lol If it's the former, that would explain a lot XD )
June 10, 2016 10:59PMJessica (GM): Well, Elijah, you set out to saisfy your curiosiy on one thing
and wind up raising another question entirely.
What. the. Fuck. Elijah. The leylines in this city aren't like you remember them-- they're illogical. Or, well, no, that isn't the term. They're too logical. They appear to be routed into strict geometric patterns, flowing like powerlines towards some central nexus further downttown.
June 10, 2016 11:00PMFin: "There's a door to another world in an Arby's? Y'all are... interesting."
June 10, 2016 11:00PMJessica (GM): This has to have been done by mages.
Multiple mages.
It's a huge project.
June 10, 2016 11:00PMClaire Newcombe: (Just this one. I don't think Memphis Claire would've been caught dead in an Arby's. She was Too Cool For School.)
June 10, 2016 11:01PMJessica (GM): This would have wreaked havoc on the flow of natural forces all over the city.
Though it has probably made for...
June 10, 2016 11:01PMElijah Craig: "Ah... huh. They seems to have undertaken a major ley line engineering project. Everything is very neatly organized and flowing towards downtown. I bet they have a major node there to draw from."
June 10, 2016 11:01PMJessica (GM): One hell of a nexus point.
June 10, 2016 11:02PMFin: "Where the fuck is the pentacle..."
June 10, 2016 11:02PMElijah Craig: "I hope this hasn't interfered with what the local changelings had going."
June 10, 2016 11:02PMFlare: (There isn't an Arby's on that side of Memphis anyway I don't think. Only one I know of is way out on the other side)
June 10, 2016 11:02PMJessica (GM): You reach the doors of the Arby's.
It's mostly abandoned.
June 10, 2016 11:03PMClaire Newcombe: "They'll take Claire and...they'll find out."
"So yeah, it has."
June 10, 2016 11:03PMJessica (GM): In your reality, there are homeless people usually panhandling in the parking lot here, Claire.
Occurs to you you haven't seen a single one on your walk here.
June 10, 2016 11:03PMElijah Craig: Looks like they've solved homelessness. That's good
Claire Newcombe glances around with her hand on the door.
June 10, 2016 11:03PMClaire Newcombe: "Quiet."
"I mean...it's quiet. I'm not telling you to be quiet."
Fin laughs and shakes her head.
June 10, 2016 11:04PMFin: "Wonder what the South Side looks like. Probably World War 2 ghetto... like, the literal kind."
June 10, 2016 11:04PMClaire Newcombe: "You're assuming it's still standing, Fin."
Claire Newcombe looks at Fin solemnly.
June 10, 2016 11:05PMFlare: "Other-Elijah was a Seer. Other-me is a Banisher. My guess is the Pentacle don't exist here, or at least not anymore." To Fin, of course
June 10, 2016 11:05PMFin: "Ain't really like them to just... get rid of a piece of a city. I mean. Could look just like this, I guess."
Fin is too cool to freak out.
Snow has just been strangely quiet
June 10, 2016 11:05PMJessica (GM): Everything on your walk over looked pretty clean, up to date, Fin.
No graffiti, nothing broken dow.
Whole city's been gentrified.
June 10, 2016 11:06PMElijah Craig: Trains run on time too
June 10, 2016 11:06PMFin: Well, we are on the north side :P
June 10, 2016 11:06PMJessica (GM): Point!
Claire Newcombe strides ahead into the "restaurant".
June 10, 2016 11:06PMJessica (GM): A bored-looking worker looks up at you.
June 10, 2016 11:07PMFin: "Who wants to take bets? I bet this Fin is like... a librarian or some shit."
June 10, 2016 11:07PMJessica (GM): "Hi, welcome to Arby's."
"Would you like to try a bourbon bacon and steak."
June 10, 2016 11:07PMElijah Craig: "Bourbon, without the bacon and steak would be great."
June 10, 2016 11:07PMSnow: "oh, good. was expecting some sort of franchise wars reference here or something."
June 10, 2016 11:07PMJessica (GM): "It's just a different meat, sir."
June 10, 2016 11:07PMElijah Craig: "You don't say."
June 10, 2016 11:08PMClaire Newcombe: "We'll take five, and Dr. Pepper's. And uh...fries."
June 10, 2016 11:08PMFlare: (Welcome to Arby's indeed lol)
June 10, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): "Would you like to try our limited time only orange cream shake with that."
Claire Newcombe takes some of the cash out of her pocket that she "stole" from this-reality-Claire.
June 10, 2016 11:08PMClaire Newcombe: "Yeah, five of those."
June 10, 2016 11:08PMJessica (GM): "Okay. Let me ring you up."
"That'll be $53."
June 10, 2016 11:09PMElijah Craig: INFLATION
June 10, 2016 11:09PMFlare: "Oh, hey, the shake machine is actually working?"
Claire Newcombe hands over three twenty's without blinking.
June 10, 2016 11:09PMElijah Craig: This is the scariest thing about the world yet
Fin stays off to the side, not ordering. Not saying much at all, until the price is given. Her eyes go big.
June 10, 2016 11:09PMJessica (GM): She ...
Eyes the bills.
"Uh."
"What's this?"
June 10, 2016 11:10PMClaire Newcombe: (I took whatever Claire had hidden as cash.)
June 10, 2016 11:10PMJessica (GM): (There was no cash)
(No cash in other Eli's wallet, either, Fin)
(Just a bank card)
June 10, 2016 11:10PMElijah Craig: Well I can use that
June 10, 2016 11:10PMFin: You are not!
June 10, 2016 11:11PMFlare: no!
June 10, 2016 11:11PMFin: Fin greedily kept all the loot.
June 10, 2016 11:11PMElijah Craig: hahah
June 10, 2016 11:11PMClaire Newcombe: "Oh! Sorry - that's my foreign money. Let me try my card."
June 10, 2016 11:11PMFlare: Police would be on them like flies on s*
June 10, 2016 11:11PMJessica (GM): She... hands you back the green paper.
June 10, 2016 11:11PMElijah Craig: Not to mention it would throw up an immediate flag for the cops. That's a good point
June 10, 2016 11:11PMClaire Newcombe: "Is Maxine in?"
Claire Newcombe seems to have given some kind of...code?
June 10, 2016 11:12PMJessica (GM): "Oh."
"Try in the walk-in."
She points.
June 10, 2016 11:12PMClaire Newcombe: "Thanks."
June 10, 2016 11:12PMJessica (GM): "Going on my break."
She leaves the register.
Claire Newcombe goes right for the kitchen.
Elijah Craig follows Claire.
Flare waits a few steps away, then murmurs to Claire, "So your fairy hangout is in a freezer in an Arby's?"
June 10, 2016 11:13PMFin: "Well... ok."
Fin follows after as well.
June 10, 2016 11:13PMClaire Newcombe: "Where else would you put it?"
June 10, 2016 11:13PMJessica (GM): Well, in the walk-in freezer's the same at least, Claire.
Hopefully you access it the same way here.
June 10, 2016 11:14PMElijah Craig: "Good place to hide it."
Claire Newcombe swings open the door.
Flare is silent a few beats. "Uh... I dunno... a... pretty forest or somethin'?" she finishes lamely with a shrug and a self-deprecating grin
June 10, 2016 11:14PMFin: "So, uh... I realize I'm a lil late on this, but... you think these people on the other side actually gonna like you?"
June 10, 2016 11:14PMClaire Newcombe: "Whether they like me isn't important right now."
"We're about to save their asses."
Claire Newcombe glances back to Flare.
June 10, 2016 11:15PMClaire Newcombe: "This is Dick Cheney's America. There -aren't- any forests left."
Fin opens her mouth... closes her mouth.
June 10, 2016 11:16PMSnow: ok
Flare snorts with amusement
June 10, 2016 11:16PMSnow: quick checking of the fates here
rolling {5d10!>10}>8
{
(
9
+
4
+
6
+
4
+
2
)
}
=
1 Successes
June 10, 2016 11:16PMJessica (GM): The freezer is full of frozen roast tbeef in cardboard boxes.
June 10, 2016 11:16PMSnow: will this be a good idea?
June 10, 2016 11:16PMJessica (GM): Snow.
No. But turning around will be worse.
You're caught between bad and worse here.
June 10, 2016 11:17PMSnow: going to keep quiet, then.
June 10, 2016 11:17PMJessica (GM): So, Claire
June 10, 2016 11:17PMElijah Craig: "We should focus on doing whatever it takes to get back to our world, not saving this one."
June 10, 2016 11:17PMJessica (GM): how does one open the way into the Hedge in here
June 10, 2016 11:17PMClaire Newcombe: "That's what I'm trying to do, Elijah."
June 10, 2016 11:17PMFin: "You leave something nice behind, Eli?"
June 10, 2016 11:18PMFlare: "Yeah, Fin, a semi-sane world."
June 10, 2016 11:19PMSnow: "... I know I don't need to say this, but we should be really careful where we're going."
June 10, 2016 11:19PMFin: "You mean the one where a fuckin' day ago we watched a man get attacked and kidnapped in the middle of a pentacle meeting? That world?"
Claire Newcombe sighs with her bowed.
June 10, 2016 11:20PMClaire Newcombe: "I know. But it's all I've got right now."
June 10, 2016 11:20PMFlare: "Yes. Did you happen to notice all the cops, the cameras, the drones....?"
June 10, 2016 11:21PMClaire Newcombe: "I need you all to keep calm. Expect a friendly reception and we'll get a friendly reception."
June 10, 2016 11:21PMElijah Craig: "What I'm interested in is what exactly do Ogun's captors want of this world. I have to think they had some kind of an idea what the medallion does."
June 10, 2016 11:22PMFlare: "You got it, Doll. Expecting all kinds of friendly. Gotta be better than out there, anyway." She hooks a thumb towards the door out.
June 10, 2016 11:22PMFin: "All I'm sayin' is that... you know. My life back home ain't something I'm worried about getting back to in a rush. Besides, I got my four best friends with me. Going on an adventure. Shit ain't so bad."
Elijah Craig nods to Claire, though he seems uncertain.
Claire Newcombe pushes a large box of Horsey sauce out of the way to reveal a trapdoor.
June 10, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): As you push the horsey sauce out of the way.
You reveal a..
Fin is already on the bright side. Good vibes for the hedge thorns.
June 10, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): portal into the Hedge.
Claire Newcombe crouches down and touches her fingers to the portal.
June 10, 2016 11:23PMSnow: "Oh... ah..."
June 10, 2016 11:23PMClaire Newcombe: "Please grant us entrance to your sanctuary."
June 10, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): It's odd, to your senses, all of you.
Magical, but not magic.
A hole in the world.
June 10, 2016 11:23PMElijah Craig: I hope this is not the Darkest Timeline hedge
June 10, 2016 11:23PMJessica (GM): And it opens to encopass you.
The arching boughs of a massive living tree surround you like great pillars, as you slip through into the Hedge. The scenery is incredible, though there is no sky-- just green, stretching on above forever. Maddening. Great ornate gardens surround you. This is... not the Freehold you know, Claire.
It's so much bigger.
Proud. Fearlessly so.
A heavy wooden door swings shut behind you, Flare.
There is no particular place for one to be.
June 10, 2016 11:24PMJessica (GM): YOu just...
June 10, 2016 11:24PMFin: "So, you just... you just ask nicely?"
June 10, 2016 11:24PMJessica (GM): Know it is.
Claire Newcombe steps forward, taking it all in. It's not the same, but it's still...there's a sense of -home- to it, oddly enough.
June 10, 2016 11:25PMJessica (GM): Leaves rustle as you step forward.
Great branches of the tree creaking and shifting to erect a palace before your eyes.
June 10, 2016 11:25PMFlare: (Like, there is physically a wooden door, or just that 'feeling'?)
June 10, 2016 11:25PMJessica (GM): The feeling of a wooden door.
June 10, 2016 11:26PMClaire Newcombe: "Sprinkle of pixie dust. Second star to the right and straight on until morning."
June 10, 2016 11:26PMJessica (GM): In narrative terms, the door has closed behind you.
In literal terms htis place is fucking disorienting
June 10, 2016 11:26PMFin: "Hey, thought you said no jokes?"
June 10, 2016 11:26PMClaire Newcombe: "I said not jokes about -fairy wings-."
June 10, 2016 11:26PMFlare: "Nice trip." She clearly doesn't mean a vacation.
June 10, 2016 11:26PMClaire Newcombe: "Peter Pan doesn't need wings."
Fin just follows along, seeming in a pretty good mood all things considered. Of course being able to stare at the madness is helping.
June 10, 2016 11:27PMSnow: fate is probably blinding here
June 10, 2016 11:27PMJessica (GM): Yes, Snow.
Claire Newcombe steps further in cautiously.
June 10, 2016 11:27PMClaire Newcombe: "Hello?"
June 10, 2016 11:27PMJessica (GM): That leaf has an epic destiny whose thread you could get lost in for hours.
June 10, 2016 11:27PMFin: "Aight, no wings... only Peter Pan..."
June 10, 2016 11:27PMJessica (GM): Its story is, of course.
Utterly inconsequential and nonsense
But epic, nonetheless.
A throne erects itself, at the end of a great stare.
White wood springing like bones.
June 10, 2016 11:28PMFin: Oh, wait. Claire's a doll again, isn't she?
June 10, 2016 11:28PMJessica (GM): And on the throne sits a child, bored. Legs crossed one over the other, a hand pressed to his cheek.
Flare pokes at the occasional leaf or small branch, just to see if anything happens, but she stops at the appareance of the throney thingy
June 10, 2016 11:29PMMalachy: "I really don't know what to say about this, dolly."
"You know how I feel about you bringing in strays."
~end session

Basic Rolls

d
d4
f
d6
h
d8
j
d10
l
d12
t
d20

Advanced Roll

Roll: +

(Optional Additional Settings)

Exploding:

Target Number:


Last 10 Rolls

You can also perform even more advanced rolls, like drop/keep, and build up a custom library of macros of your commonly used rolls. Check out the Help Documentation for more info!